Jazz Music Thread

Still talking about Scott Hamilton

4 Likes

What a fab recording !

1 Like

And Andrea Motis ! Born in Barcelona in 1995, Andrea Motis is a Spanish jazz performer and instrumentalist. A precocious talent, Motis began studying the trumpet and saxophone at the age of 7, at the municipal school in the Sant Andreu neighborhood of Barcelona. Her progress was so fast that at the age of 12 she was already part of the Sant Andreu Jazz Band directed by Joan Chamorro, at 13 she had become the group’s singer and at 15 she had released her first album as a soloist, always under the supervision of Chamorro. Often compared to Norah Jones, even before her 20th birthday, Motis had already gone from being considered a future promise of Catalan jazz to becoming a young artist with possible international projection.

3 Likes

Not that I’ve found yet

1 Like

Check it out…

1_14859e92-ca16-4dff-b720-c3fbb8823f88_grande
Enjoy

Dave

5 Likes

I’m still listening to “Balanced” that I’m sure you posted . Thanks for all the great tips Iver

1 Like

Outstanding !!!

2 Likes

What a wonderful singer

1 Like

Interestingly though, as I understand it he continued to monitor in Mono

Playing this as I read this new book about Albert Ayler

3 Likes

Wow what a superb recording !!!

1 Like

Yes I agree, but £54 for the CD on Amazon UK.

Tim

Sounds good here streaming on Qobuz via Roon at no extra cost. :wink:

Dave

Nice ine; just released
Iver

4 Likes

I’m not a Qobuz subscriber (yet) but I did look at their download shop and purchased it for £8.99, however the download format was M4a and I couldn’t find out how to change it to FLAC so did it after the download using XLD.

Tim

You can select the format in the download selection either when you use the app by selecting format or by selecting the for,at during download in single download. And I don’t remember anymore but I guess you can indicate your preferences at your account…

2 Likes

Found it, thanks - I’m just not that observant. :upside_down_face:

Tim

1 Like

Some cool jazz for a hot summers day!

Alex Norris - Fleet From The Heat on Steeple Chase

:trumpet::cd:

3 Likes

Wow, what a wonderful surprise this one is. It was just released. Brilliant compositions and remarkably well recorded

Iver

7 Likes

This new album from Badbadnotgood’s Leland Whitty might well appeal to those that have enjoyed Greg Foat, Nala Sinephro or even the recent Floating Points album with Pharoah Sanders and the LSO. Anyhow…

2 Likes