JBL speakers with Naim?

First speakers I ever owned were JBL L26, with a Marantz 2235 Receiver and a Phillips 212 turntable… Ahhh waterbeds, cute girls, Zeppelin, and weed… the simple pleasures of youth!

2 Likes

Hi Richard,
Do you (or your friends) have experience with 4312 (in … version)?
I’m thinking to pair it with Nait 2 (olive) …

I haven’t used the 4312, although I would guess it’s very similar to the 4310 and 4311?

1 Like

Thank you …

The L100’s I have are essentially an upgraded 4312se, I’d highly recommend trying a pair. Some good music direct videos on YouTube

1 Like

Hello, I have a pair of Jbl l100 century, first with a Marantz 2250b receiver for a long time, and it sounded very good. Then I fell in love with Naim, and now it is matching with a Nait xs- flatcap xs, and imho sounds marvelous. I think is due to the 12” low driver.

3 Likes

Pictures please!

1 Like

HI Occean, these are the photos.
IMG_3463 IMG_3464

7 Likes

I’m running a pair of JBL L100 Classics with a SN3 and NDX2. I love the sound. The speakers are wonderful. The original JBL L100s from years ago may have been classed as “only for rock music”, but all the reviews of the new version of these speakers say that these are great for all kinds of music and my own ears tell me likewise. I just love them.

14 Likes

Those speakers look fantastic in that room.

1 Like

Nice! Is this your office? Respect!

1 Like

JBL 100 are close to the wall. Placement is not an issue? Is there any bass overload? How big is your room?

Placement was an issue in terms of horizontal separation of the speakers to make them disappear as point sources. I played with them a while and now they are invisible. Placement away from the back wall was not an issue - The bass is just lovely. The room is 6m x 7m. It’s only an office during lockdown!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.