Jeff Beck R.I.P

A truly unique guitarist

1 Like

Speechless… didn’t realise his age, didn’t expect his death. Was playing The Yardbirds and Truth just last week…

1 Like

This is such sad news at the start of the year; what an unquestionably great & innovative guitarist he was (I hate now having to use ‘was’). I didn’t know him but he also appeared to be a decent bloke.
+1 for the Ronnie Scott set.

2 Likes

Very sad indeed.

1 Like

One of the greatest. A true genius. RIP

1 Like

I think he collected hotted up cars or something like that

The concerts I saw here in Sydney a number of years ago were simply incredible - 2 different bands equally as good as each other

Along with the passing of Charlie Watts not so long ago , this has hit me hard I must say

2 Likes

Just woke up and read the news… extremely sad and shocking… and died from meningitis!

An innovative guitarists, with not only such grace and beauty but also power, one of the all time greats!

He will be sadly missed.

R.I.P

Richard

1 Like

Tragic end to the life of a true genius. Rest easy Jeff and thanks for all the music.

Jeff Beck, with Jimmy Page. Enjoy…!!

6 Likes

One of the greatest musicians to ever grace the stage…

6 Likes

Very sad news indeed. Jeff’s music was of course a regular staple of many Naim demos. RIP.

5 Likes

@Pete_the_painter

Sensational stuff - Aussie lady on bass, she was fantastic live

What a band that was

Thanks Lindsay

2 Likes
9 Likes

Just an amazing guitarist and a huge loss. Glad I saw him live last year at RAH (although haven’t quite forgiven him for bringing on famous pirate playing actor)

1 Like

Yep I couldn’t believe what I was hearing:seeing when I saw her in that band at the Enmore I think in 2009

He came back in 2010 with new band I think the bassist played with Prince at some stage

Shocked and gutted…what a legend…there was a great story about his 1st guitar on the news this morning - how it was given to him when a boy - by a generous shop owner…

2 Likes

BBC 4 are bound to show a documentary they did on him a few years ago. Well worth keeping an eye out for.

As many have said, a very sad loss indeed.

2 Likes

A legend.

Count myself very lucky indeed to have seen him live on three occasions. Each time he was spell binding.

Very sad indeed. RIP

1 Like

Been watching Jeff Beck and related rock videos on YouTube for the past two hours - great times

Also stumbled across Rockin 1000 - which I had never heard of - great concept and an entertaining watch