John Coltrane - Blue Train Tone Poet

I’ve just canceled my order with U.S Blue Note and instead have Pre Ordered with Amazon not a huge difference in pricing maybe £10 but the main consideration was postage and the ease with which I can return any faulty/damaged items.

I’ve cancelled my order with Blue Note US as well. Rather than pay £109 I’ve ordered the 24bit 96k download, which is the princely sum of £10.09 for both the stereo and mono albums.

Is that the Tone Poet remaster, I can’t see it listed anywhere, plenty of other Hires versions though?

I’m assuming it is, as it’s out in a month, coinciding with the release date of the vinyl. I may be wrong of course.

Thanks for that, I don’t have a Sublime membership so it’s £20 to me, maybe time to consider one!

No doubt high res files played by the correct equipment are in certain circumstances equal to and even better than their vinyl equivalent but unfortunately for me I’m fully invested in vinyl reproduction.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t suggest the download to you for a second. I was just reporting how I’d bought it.

Nigel like you I would never presume to impose my views especially to someone like you who has put their money where their mouth is and invested a lot into both formats.

As long as you and your family are enjoying your music and your system then that is just perfect.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.