John Miles R.I.P

Sadly John Miles died yesterday aged 72……he was a multi instrumentalist and record producer who worked with many of the greats. Probably best known for his single “music” that became a classic of its time.

4 Likes

I’m shocked and saddened to read this. John Miles was one of the first concerts I ever went to in 1979.

1 Like

Yes, very sad. I saw him live in about 79 or 80 as well.

2 Likes

No… very sad.
Long time guitarist for Tina too…

2 Likes

Very sad, soon won’t be many real artists left! R. I. P.

2 Likes

Really liked his work with the Alan Parsons Project. Has left us too young - RIP.

4 Likes

I remember so well back in '76 when I used to do a daily commute on the M62 from Liverpool to Manchester that John Mile’s single Music was constantly on the radio!

Happy days.

Richard

2 Likes

Music was my first love and it will be my last.

8 Likes

Have a well-loved vinyl copy, must revisit it soon.

3 Likes

One of my favourite albums - John Miles, Zaragon (on vinyl).

Nice Man Jack on Zaragon puts Dire Straits’ Private Investigations in the shade IMV.

I would argue JM was ahead of his time.

2 Likes

Just playing ‘Rebel’ now whilst cooking dinner, ‘Strangers in the City’ to follow.
RIP John, loved your music.

1 Like

Is that on a streaming service to listen to?

I don’t stream, so cannot say - I can only see vinyl versions available via Discogs & Amazon.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like it unfortunately, at least not on Qobuz, Tidal or Apple Music. I picked Rebel up secondhand years ago and really enjoyed it.

There are some tracks from Zaragon on YouTube it seems.

…and Mike Nesmith the one ‘proper’ muso in the Monkees

2 Likes

Not forgetting we would have had no brilliant theme tune to Blake’s 7 either without John.

1 Like

Hearing John Miles’s “Music” on Top of the Pops was a real lightbulb moment for me. Until then music held little interest. After that I was trawling through my sisters record collection finding out what my musical taste was. It was like acquiring a new sense. So thank-you John Miles for waking up my musical ear.

1 Like

Contains the brilliant Fella in a cellar.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.