Jonathan Gorse's introduction to Naim, and the new Classics

Details.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear that you had to part with the 52/LP12 but I guess better to have loved and lost and all thatā€¦

As for Jane S Iā€™m relieved to hear Iā€™m not the only one whose youth was blessed/tortured with unrequited love! :wink:

4 Likes

Probably far more than you can imagine! Mine was Frances Hā€¦

1 Like

Helen T. Not quite unrequited. Merely disastrous :slight_smile:

@JonathanG no idea what fresh hell he may have unleashed here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brilliant post Mike - made me laugh out loud!!! I think given you got further than the rest of us we need more detailsā€¦ lol

1 Like

I fear @Richard.Dane would rightly pull me for going waaaay off topic and itā€™s probably a Lounge topic in itself. Plusā€¦ Sodā€™s Law and all that. Her husband is probably on here :slight_smile:

Besides whichā€¦ currently watching the sort of Wrexham game where anything could happen and so far has.

1 Like

It continues for many years in my experience. The only cure is to realise how wonderful oneā€™s own partner is. It certainly works with HiFi.

Phil

Pete Atkinā€™s Beware of the Beautiful Stranger captures the one who got away to perfection in my view. Saw him sing it several times. It was his showstopper.

1 Like

https://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php/features-menu/in-good-company/1174-naim-audio-part-two-a-day-inside-naim

6 Likes

Aaah thanks French rooster - you remembered!!!

So part 2 is indeed up on Soundstage Ultra and hopefully gives some interesting insights into the factory itself. As ever Iā€™m always interested to hear feedbackā€¦

Brg, Jonathan

4 Likes

After a very quick skim, it looks like a fascinating read. Booked 30 minutes of my evening to read it properly!

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised that it mentioned Motorola transistors.

Motorola split off their semiconductor business in 2004.

I used to do IT support for the GSM base station side of the business.

Ah just looked up the release date of the 552 :flushed:

1 Like

You should more ask @JonathanG , he wrote the review and is among us here. :wink:

1 Like

Jonathan G, I didnā€™t know Justine but Better HiFi was where I first heard and bought my first Naim product!:smiley:

1 Like

I didnā€™t realise the 552 came out in 2002.

It will still have been Motorola Semiconductors then, they split the semiconductor business off in 2004 and called the company Freescale, then later on it became part of NXP.

Bear in mind that the NA007s first appeared in the NAP500 and in the final iterations of the Olive NAP250 (regulation only here).

Thanks Jonathan for a lovely write-up that gives some insight into what still makes Naim so special.

3 Likes

Great article Jonathan. Many thanks for these insights. Must have been a fun day with Jason etc.

1 Like

Itā€™s not an attachment , go to the long line of letters and click once, my MacBook opened it fine

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.