Just been comparing

Haha … except that the interconnects under discussion ain’t snaics :slight_smile:

1 Like

Time to upgrade to a better source.

I very much doubt that Naim do this with their HiLines. :rofl:

1 Like

I think you all discovered my pun here :innocent:

1 Like

When I had a CDS3/555PS I thought the HiLine a considerable step-up from the Lavender. With the various HDX/NDX/NDX2 systems I’ve had I found the HiLine oddly out of balance sonically and used TQB in preference.

With the ND555 / 552 though I find the HiLine again works a treat. Balance fully restored.

G

The lavender was obviously more colored than the Hiline in certain bandwidth domains…the mids were a little pinched and the top and maybe a tad grainy. But with the CDS3 into the 552 the lavender kept its pitch in a narrow groove- in a very groovy way, while the Hiline slopped from side to side like an Olympic luge, sounding a tad…lugubrious ;=)
Yes colorations in IC should be consonent with the entire system-including the room, and there is pretty much never one that aways will triumph.
What you cannot dispute, is that the freebie lavenders that came with pretty much all sources then were really difficult to beat without spending half as much again as the source cost.

2 Likes

Back in the day, the Hi-lines were de-stressed by hand and I used to do some of the listening tests on the early batches.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.