Just how good is the Nova?

I’m very impressed with the Nova, I run it as a second system with PMC Tewenty5.23s, and it’s lovely. musical, captures musical emotion well. As a main system I run NDX/555PSDR, 52/SC/135s into B&W 804S.
The bigger system does everything the Nova does and does it better. The Nova is amazing for what it is and the money, I could live happily with a system of that level, but there is a big step up to the separates system. (I accept that my main rig is a pretty high end system and isn’t a fair comparison, but thought the experience of someone who lives with both might be interesting.)

2 Likes

Hi glasnaim,
I think the Nova/PMC match is a good one. I first heard the Nova into twenty.26’s at an Audio T demo, that is what initially grabbed my attention. The Neat/Naim combination is well documented although I have never heard it in anger. I changed for a similar reason to you in terms of too much equipment.

I think the PMCs work really well with the Nova. I listened to Neat SX1s as well when I bought the Nova, I thought they were really good in combination, but preferred the bass response of the PMCs. Both were just excellent matches. I listened to the Kudos X2s as well, they didn’t work for me, I can see how other people would like them if they prefer a different presentation.

I like both the Neats and PMC with the Nova, I go between preferring each but probably at a push would favour the PMC’s

I’ve been guilty of this as a happy Nova owner. I think it’s a lovely all in one and hits a sweet spot for it’s price. I have upgraded last week though to a NDX2/SN2 two box system and moved the Nova to my office/media room with Totem Hawks and that’s a great set up for a smaller room. However, the NDX2/SN2 is a much more significant performance over the Nova than I was expecting. I’m happy to be enjoying both systems!

At twice the price I would expect it to be Mike, you have two nice systems, like the Totem’s lovely speakers. I haven’t listened to your NDX2/SN2 set up but I did listen to the ND5 XS2/SN2, it was very nice but chose another Nova.

1 Like

Another happy Nova owner here, just got a pair of Dynaudio S40’s and so far they seem a superb match as many have said, I Still have my Spendor A7’s and will hang on to them until fully decided on the 40’s. The A7’s are excellent but I felt the synergy wasn’t quite right with the Nova and they really need a better meatier amp and source which would naturally lead me down the SN2 and NDX2 route, in an attempt to avoid this expensive upgrade trap I bought the S40’s in the hope I’ll stick with the Nova as it’s all I really need

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.