Just ordered new NDX2 😃

Just installed an ex-demo 555ps to my NDX2 last week. Go for the 555, you will not regret it.

2 Likes

I agree the NDX2 with 555PSDR is sublime.

@IvdZ sums up the difference well between NDX2 XPSDR to 555PSDR on another thread.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter, the 555ps in a different league and as I say, if you ok with an ex demo unit not that far from new XPS money

Ex-demo 555PSDR in year 2014… is it a good idea to get it still?

It is better, I agree, but when paired with an NDS like mine, the 555 uses two Burndies, or all the 555 has to offer. If I had an NDX2 with a 555, I would be thinking about the ND555, which I definitely can not afford.

1 Like

You can think about a second 555 instead!

1 Like

You cannot afford yet, but you may in a few years time when they come about used! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve also ordered a new NDX2 with XPS-DR together with SN3 Hi Cap and Evoke 50 to replace Nova and Special 40s.
Pleased with the old set up and although I said I wouldn’t go to racks of gear again the sound bug bit.
Unfortunately I heard a similar set up at Audio East last year and the sound niggled me thereafter.

5 Likes

Thought that was the best room last year at Audio show east John, trounced the bigger systems imo. Funny how it ticks away in our brains👍

2 Likes

I agree Gaza but it’s cost me. I’ve since heard the big Dynaudio speakers and they were very good.
At more reasonable cost I’ve gone for the Evoke 50 as I prefer the Dynaudio sound to that of Focal.

2 Likes

I know…it started for me with Muso…then Nova…then other bits, but fun and enjoyable.

2 Likes

tell me about it!!

John maybe you could keep the S40’s? They will probably come alive with the new kit and then live with it for a while and upgrade if you still feel the need - just a thought

1 Like

Hollow, I’m very pleased with the Special 40s and think they are a brilliant speaker.
Having heard the 50s they have more depth, as good a mid range and a better treble. I think Dynaudio are hard to beat for value at the moment.
As I’m getting on a bit I thought I’d better change now before it’s too late.

2 Likes

Well…

I had a NDX2 at home, for a couple of weeks, and didn´t find any major improvement from my old CDX2 (NDX2 playing the ripped CD´s from a NAS).
So I kept my CDX2 and began using my Hiqute2 as a TIDAL streamer, as I´m basically listen my CDs.

My system: Hiqute2 - CDX2 - 282 w/HicapDR - NAP300DR - Dynaudio Contour S3.4 w/ VDH cable

What is a Hiqute2, I just googled it, and nothing came up?

Unitiqute2? hardly a match for a NDX2 I’d expect…

Of course NDX2 it´s a lot better but my point was if your main source of music is the CD´s you have, CDX2 is very good also, and you can enjoy TIDAL/FM/Internet Radio w/ a Unitiqute2. Not so bad I tell you.

But one Burndy from a 555ps does more than one from an xps.

1 Like

No different to those with either an NDS of ND555 using 2x 555ps and utilising only the one half of both!