Kandid or Ekstatik

It can make a huge difference but 500R may be just right for a Krystal, I do not know.

Richard

Yes, I would agree that ‘dry’ is maybe another way of expressing the character of the Ekstatik, at least in my system (Linn Exakt Akubarik, Urika 2 phono stage), in which the Lyra sound is somehow more ‘analogue’ – perhaps warmer but without exaggeration of this aspect.

Now have the Ekstatik on my LP12 Klimax.
Replaced the Rega Aphelion which I had previously.
The Ekstatik is an extremely good cartridge.
Highly recommended.

2 Likes

Well, it looks like I’m going to have to check Lyra cartridges out.

Thanks,

Richard

1 Like

Fangoss

Some years ago I went from the very good Kandid to the absolutely excellent Etna
If you like what the kandid does you’ll be over the moon with the Etna
I have the standard version, it must be said most Etna owners here have gone the SL route
The current Etnas will be the Lambda version which apparently is no small upgrade

Interestingly looking at other forums, the chat on Etna & Atlas gives me the impression that one isn’t necessarily better than the other but a different presentation
Pluses and minuses on both

Lyndon

Depending on your budget the Hana range of cartridges is excellent IMHO, I have the Hana ML and previously the SL. An Umami Red is in my future. This “house” sound ticks all the boxes for me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.