Keep fit in lockdown with Iron Maiden

I was writing to Seakayaker …curious you thought it was you. A bug?

A bug in my thinking I guess!

1 Like

I used one in a spin studio I used to visit.

It was (I think) one of the best spin bikes I’ve used and I have used about half a dozen different spin studios over the years.

It uses a magnetic brake rather than a friction brake which was (probably one less thing to wear out).

The display was quite good in terms of what it showed (power, speed, totals for workout)- many spin bikes are very spartan. But this display might have been an option since it drove a ‘leader board’ in the spin studio.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks Stephen. :+1:

“I always thought you were regularly kayaking. Is it not the case?”

…I still get the seakayak out on the water on occasion just not at the frequency when I was younger. For awhile 20 years ago my wife and I lived in a floating home and would get out on the water frequently. Early morning paddles before work was easier then going for a morning jog. Still have the opportunity to take out daughter and grand daughters on short excursions when they visit which is on hold until the COVID pandemic passes.

Also many day trips around puget sound and camping trips on the Inside Passage on the northern end of Vanouver Island and British Columbia. Seakayaking is a lot of fun and great exercise so if you have never tried it go ahead and give yourself a treat.

I attached a picture of the house (a quick snap with my iPhone from a framed photo on a table) with my daughter who was visiting during a school break

10 Likes

@seakayaker how magnificent!

2 Likes

A home like that is a dream !
I like kayaking very much, and often do during summer in South France.
When young we made a trip during 3 weeks, 300 kms of rivers and savage lakes in Poland. Fishing, camping, fire on night…a good memory !

2 Likes

Fantastic!

…the only time I have spent on rivers is some rafting with some low level rapids involved, a lot of fun for sure.

Salt water is in my blood and sailed for many years as a child and young adult before getting back into sailing and seakayaking in the 90’s when I moved to Seattle.

Maggie Mae was an ‘Alajuela 33’ that I had to let go of during the economic downturn in the 2000’s.

Would love to get back into sailing but I’m turning 69 on Thursday and the required balance and agility needed for managing the boat in weather is not at a level where I would be completely comfortable. Perhaps a small day sailer or cat boat would fill the need as I enter the retirement years!

4 Likes

That’s rather awesome, I must say. The wine barrel table just makes it perfect.

1 Like

An early morning 6.8k run to Iron Maiden’s second album from February 1981. From the opening blast of the Ides of March to the rock & roll of Drifter, a great album.

1 Like

@StephenPacker. Have you by any chance been able to compare the Keiser to the Concept 2 BikeErg?

I’m sorry I don’t think I’ve used one of those.

1 Like

Double Iron Maiden bill early this morning with Bruce now on the scene. Running to the Hills via 22, Acacia Avenue with The Number of the Beast and then listened to most of Piece of Mind on a long outdoor run accompanied by my dog.

Two great albums to cover about 5 and a half miles in the drizzle.

4 Likes

You need the Wahoo Kickr. Gold dust but a brilliant indoor trainer. +zwift.

Your treat? :joy::joy::joy:

it’s a good investment for the winter.

I have the Tacx Neo2T which I bought to replace an aging Fortius. I definitely prefer direct drive to wheel on roller…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.