Keeping Innuos streamer for uPnP connection with NDX?

I knew that Phil.
Stay safe

That’s the important part yes. I’ll report my findings once I receive the NDX. :slight_smile:

Since I’m going to test the NDX this weekend I want to ask you something that is not very clear to me. Would I be able to use Tidal streaming and uPnP playback from NDX simultaneously via Ethernet connection? I should connect the Ethernet input of NDX fed by the Streamer output of the Innuos but then would the NDX have an internet connection so that I see the uPnP stream in the Naim app? When I connect the Innuos Ethernet input to my switch, will the Ethernet connection be passed to the NDX so that I can use the Naim app and also stream Tidal or the Ethernet output of the Innuos would pass only digital musical data? I’m new to uPnP and wanted to clear out some setup questions before installing the NDX.

Your Innuos has 2 Ethernet ports ? If yes, you connect the Ndx by ethernet cable to the Innuos, and the Innuos to the switch.
If only one port, the Ndx to switch and Innuos to switch.

With the same Naim app, you will be able to stream locally ( files on Innuos) and Tidal. Tidal is integrated in the Naim app.

1 Like

Yes the Innuos has 2 Ethernet ports - one for LAN input (for internet signal to the Innuos itself and Streamer output for uPnP integrations). So the link Switch -> Innuos -> NDX will guarantee that the NDX will also have internet signal and I can operate it via Naim app? That’s great :slight_smile:

1 Like

I run this way my Nds / Melco combo ( 2 ports in the Melco), and use Naim app to stream locally and eventually Tidal ( however not often).

1 Like

I see, that’s very convenient! I have one more wondering. Would I be able to stream Tidal and Qobuz from Innuos via uPnP or only local files and streams from Roon?

If you want to stream Qobuz and Tidal using the Innuos, you can’t use the Naim app, but the Innuos app. And you will need to connect the Innuos to Ndx with an spdif/ to usb converter cable.
So the streamer would be the Innuos and the Ndx only used as a dac in that case.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.