Ken Ishiwata R.I.P

They still haven’t mentioned it on the website, very, very disrespectful

2 Likes

Thanks Ian for pointing my typo out, I’ve just tried to edit my post but for some reason the edit option is not there - perhaps Richard Dane can assist?

Edited for you Jonathan.

2 Likes

AFTER Speaking to ken at a show I purchased the 63e and keeping for years in its day it was class .the kind of guy that is on the decrease in audio thanks ken

http://www.dutchaudioclassics.nl/In-Memoriam-Ken-Ishiwata/

1 Like

A sad day … he was a real sonic ambassador he will be very deeply missed

And Marantz still have not acknowledged his passing, it is like he is being airbrushed out of history by the corporate suits . A great shame

3 Likes

Marantz have acknowledged his passing on their Marantz Europe Facebook page.

Thanks, the UK web site still doesn’t acknowledge it, but very good to see some sort of acknowledgement .

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Rotel have just announced special versions of their A11 amplifier and CD11 cd player. Ken Ishiwata who had just left Marantz was asked to redesign some of the electronics. He oversaw the redesign and first prototypes before he suddenly died, his friend Karl-Heinz-Fink oversaw their completion…many changes have been made to quality of components. Fittingly the special Ken Ishiwata versions will have a Japanese motif…meaning respect. It makes the way Marantz handled the man look even poorer imo.

10 Likes