3 Likes

And cat suddenly disappear.

5 Likes

It needs repairing and I guess that won’t be cheap :confused:

Cat gutted?

3 Likes

Ouch. That’s what you get when you have cats

2 Likes

How on earth do I get this sorted? All advice welcome.

Insurance. A friend brought their cat round and they are so sorry that you can claim on their insurance

Your insurance probably won’t cover it

Bad luck of course. I’m a bit surprised this doesn’t happen more ofta with all the beutiful cats in the pets and system pictures thread!

Would kudos send someone out? Or is it a self fit?

Talk to the dealer you bought from?

But it won’t affect the sound at all, so only relevant to resale value - and thus irrelevant if you intend to never sell, so perhaps not worth repairing, or not until near time of sale (especially if there is a risk of a repeat).

However, the damage could have been worse. Need to give the cat a constant source of live bait to keep it occupied (a cage containing several little birds like canaries well away from the speakers should do it, but to keep interest let one escape every few days), otherwise exclude the cat, dispose of it, put a cat-proof cage around the speakers, or put the grill cloths on then worry about the cost of replacing them unless metal grilles like ATC…

2 Likes

Same cat bit through my laptop screen. Lenovo wouldn’t pay out. Said it wasnt an accident.

I’d give Kudos a call and seek their advice. The driver is easy to remove but the connections are soldered.

Sorry to read of your misfortune and good luck with getting it sorted out🤞

2 Likes

Sorry if my humour was too soon after the incident Stu. I’d go with an insurance claim. I had Proac 1sc’s ruined by toddler fingers once and had a new set within ten days or so.

G

2 Likes

Kudos should be able to change the ring only which is normal work on old speakers. Probably cheaper than speaker replacement.

I would think it would affect performance if it’s a full tear in the driver surround. The 606 like the other Titan models, has Isobaric bass loading so the air seal between the inner and outer bass drivers would be lost.

2 Likes