Kudos 606 - cat damage

The Op says he watched the cat do it. :thinking:
Seems like an upgrade excuse.
Meooow

Talk to your dealer.

3 Likes

I guess you can get the speaker reconed. On pro drivers it cost from ÂŁ100 to ÂŁ300.

You expected them to pay for it under warranty when you knew well that it wasn’t a manufacturing defect/no fault of theirs?, seems shady at best…

Not sure why you would make an insurance claim for something so small, maybe things work differently in other parts of the world but here in the long run you would pay significantly more to put an insurance claim through.

Just contact the dealer or Kudos & see about getting a replacement driver. If you can replace it yourself depends on your own skill level & how the driver is installed (for eg are the leads clipped/pushed on or soldered on).

I had accidental damage insurance.

It’s their top of the range laptop (x1 carbon).

Why are you accusing me of being shady? Calm down :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

When I read the title I thought the speaker had fallen over. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Do you have proper cat scratching posts around the house?
They can help by keeping the cat from scratching other things instead…

3 Likes

Thst would be the new naim power supply…the…flat cat :grin:

3 Likes

“My cat clawed it”
Dealer “really, did you see it” ?
“Yes”
Dealer “how did it come to this” ?
“Don’t ask me how”

1 Like

Easy - playing something like Rsspighi’s The birds or perhaps Here come the fleas by White Noise…

1 Like

1 Like

You could use a little bit of silicon seal as a patch for now ( apply and let dry for 24 hrs ) but your Kudos dealer should be able to call Kudos and arrange a new driver, it will most likely need to be installed by the dealer if the speaker is still under warranty but I’m sure there will be a charge for the bass driver.

1 Like

If it was me I’d want to change the pair of drivers as they will never be matched otherwise.
Different wear etc.
:scream:

2 Likes

Clearly not a warranty issue, though it is always possible that Kudos could offer a goodwill fix, so certainly worth speaking to them. Otherwise a Seas bass-mid driver of that size typically costs between about £80 to £150, though kudos selling a custom version could charge anything. If easy to replace yourself and not too expensive the question re whether worth claiming on insurance accidental damage would depend on the excess and on whether having made a claim they might increase the renewal…

3 Likes

Sorry to see this. Hope your dealer and Kudos can get this sorted out for you at not too much cost

Yes, agree. I know that Naim would spend a lot of time selecting matching pairs of tweeters for the SL2 (and probably their other speakers too). When one of mine went up in smoke, I was strongly advised to buy two matching replacements from Naim. Worth checking with Kudos

2 Likes

Now you have to figure out why the cat scratched (feverishly?). Was it really trying to dig into the music, or put a stop to it? Everybody(thing) is a critic. I’d contact kudos, as it has to be a fairly new speaker, they may be willing to offer a replacement. I’d inquire whether they feel a matched pair is warranted .

If it was mine and it’s just a small split, superglue is usually very effective on rubber, but being from an engineering back ground it could just be “I can fix that no problem!”
Check your insurance, mine doesn’t cover damage by pets, tried to claim when one of the dogs got badly spooked in a thunderstorm and tried to dig a hole in the dinning room floor in panic, dug through the carpet and the underlay, poor thing must have been terrified.

Hope you get it sorted which ever route you take.

I would speak to Kudos if I were you Stu. I was having problems with speaker positioning and Derek responded personally to my query. They are a friendly company and whilst their products aren’t cheap, they may well be able to help you out. It’s worth an email.

2 Likes

Ask him to repair it now

3 Likes