Kudos 707 upgrade from x2 help!

Fair point indeed

I don’t have enough experience with the 707 to really make that call. I have had a pair of X2 and S20 in my home in the past on extended demo and neither worked in my room. The 606 now stand exactly where the other 2 sat and are leagues better in every way, not even close, so obviously suit my room better.

I still think, and only guessing here, the 707 are just a step too far for an NDX/SN2 combo to really get hold of and make sing, and a 606 would have a better chance. I fully realise that in my own system, the 606 have the potential to go much further but i’ve reached a level where they sound incredibly good, and for the forseeable, good enough. With yourself, even with a 606, i have a feeling that long term you will still want to improve a little whats upfront.

As the 606 is a lot less expensive than the 707, this gives the opportunity to go go active in the future if you’d like.

That does make the 606 go a bit deeper, bass wise.

Kudos speakers are not power hungry. I’ve actually heard the old 88s driven by a NAP200 and it worked well. Of course the higher up NAPs will be an improvements but not a necessity.

Regards,

Lindsay

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.