Kudos KS1 speaker cable

X3 speakers here Superb.
Never changed my cables for 30 years till I tried these.
KS/1 :ok_hand:t2:

5 Likes

Which manufacturers of RCA/ Cinch cables are a good match for the Kudos KS1 in terms of sound quality?

KS1 is a speaker cable so you wouldn’t use an RCA connector with it, and Cinch are a manfacturer of various types of connector.

Most people would use Naim banana plugs on at least the amp end and deltron plugs are a popular choice on the speaker end or any quality ‘Z’ plug.

I have expressed myself wrongly.
I meant which RCA cables and power cables Kudos KS1 owners usually use.

I’ve got Super Lumina DIN-DIN, Powerlines on all components and Naim stock cables on all other duties.

HiLine and PowerLines.

G

I’d just try to borrow a pair of KS-1 cables and see what you think. You’ll probably find most people using Naim, Witchhat or Chord cables which are popular here.

U have a nice system. How do u like the 707’s?
David

I have a Cord/Morgana/KS-1 sand which that works great

1 Like

I love the 707’s. With my previous speaker cable (TQ Black) there was too much bass and detail was lost. The KS-1 has a much leaner sound which suits my system/room. Bass has much less bloom and therefore the detail all comes through. It also offers a glorious mid range. Vocals are so life like now. I think I found the final missing link when I hit on that cable.

1 Like

I have a TQ Ultra Black II with Kudos 606 but I’m really tempted to try the Kudos KS1. Anyone compared these speaker cables?

I have compared TQ Ultra Black II with Oephi Ascendance and thought Ultra was too warm and coloured with less good timing and speed than Oephi. I urge everyone with Naim products to try out Oephi cables. Perfect match with naim IMO.

1 Like

I tried the original TQ Ultra Black before I got the KS-1 as my dealer was offering his demo pair at a very good price.

It didn’t work for me at all. It gave more of everything the Black gave and just sounded “too much” in my room.

2 Likes

Is the KS-1 directional?

Yes….my dealer recently installed direct off the reel….and was at pains to get it right.

1 Like

Yes K-S amp to speaker. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Gazza, what speaker cable are you now using as I thought you’d moved to Spectre?

I moved my hifi to the other side of the room as that is where it was the easiest place to install a dedicated hifi spur. In doing so i took the opportunity to find out if Spectre would fit through the conduit under the fireplace……unfortunately it did not.
So when my dealer came round to help reinstall everything i just went back to a-longer length of Kudos ks-1. Rather disappointed as i much preferred the Spectre( albeit at a much higher cost), but trailing it in front of our log burner which we are now using was not really an option……so i cancelled my order.

1 Like

Thanks, much relieved as I’ve ordered Spectre having preferred Phantom to Kudos.

I could get naca5 through the conduit, but the flexibility of Spectre meant even pulling it through was likely to damage the sleeving which likely has insulation and SQ benefits. It was also not mine to ruin. I am sure you will be delighted, when we eventually move, Spectre will be back in play in my system.

1 Like