Kudos KS1 speaker cable

Arrived within days but not sure when I will have time to connect up to SN3/PMC.
Looking forward to comparison with Tellurium Q black II
which I’ve enjoyed for over 3 years and used Tellurium cables for 20 years.
Still not totally sure why I bought them especially as they are a lot cheaper than the cables I intend to replace.
Maybe 1. Recommendations from members of the community that I respect. 2. I like tinkering. 3. Or more money than sense.
Will report back later date

2x4m and yes I like black.

9 Likes

I recently replaced the Linn K200 cables with the Linn Knekt Red Speaker Plugs into the Harbeth 40.2 speakers by the Kuos K1 cables with the same banana plugs, I noticed an immediate improvement musically although my local dealer expressed some doubts.

2 Likes

Was that the silver K200 :thinking:
I changed from using old K400 split to K200 black and was amazed especially with the KS-1 demure size. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yes, it was the latest silver K200. Maybe I will plug them back after a few months to make sure it is me (or rather my psychoacoustics) rather than cables themselves.

1 Like

Thanks.
Yes a long time ago when it first came out I gave it a try but was a bit bright compared to the old stuff but KS-1 seemed to restore the depth.
Easy to work with too.
Enjoy.

3 Likes

Hi @igahman
I’m running a similar system and I am curious about how you find replacing the TQ Black IIs with KS1 cables with your SN3 and PMCs. Thanks

2 Likes

@1GiantLeap
Early days of course but first impression is they are at least as good as Tellurium which is impressive because they are lot cheaper.
Excellent , informative and quick service from Signals who provided with Naim plugs and tight fitting Z at other end.
I’ve read on other threads about ahem ….”burning in” period of cables. Sceptic here.
They’ve seemed consistent without fluctuations through the week providing the extra detail PMCs are renowned for.
If you’re interested I’ll give update in couple of weeks but pleased so far.

10 Likes

Hi @igahman
Excellent - thank you. Much appreciated.

Tight fitting Z, you are not kidding. I needed to grab the plugs with pliers to get them into my PMC posts. They are very good leads.

3 Likes

So I was burned by Witch Hat and am now looking here. The problem is that neither of the US retailers listed on the Kudos website can help me. Next Level HiFi does not sell KS-1 and Gated HiFi no longer exists. Does anyone know who sells this in the USA? Also, how does KS-1 compare to Tellurium Q Black II?

2 Likes

I currently own TQBII and am wondering about KS-1 for my NAIM Supernait 3 + Dynaudio Contour 20 setup. Is there a reason you did not also consider TQ Ultra Black II or TQ Ultra Silver?

1 Like

I can second that HH. I had exactly the same problem, when fitting to my PMC speakers!

Phew. I thought it was just me. I almost called Signals, then thought of the pliers.

I had no problem with Tellurium QBII. Was just experimenting with ks1. They are more than a match and I am impressed. Cost £330 which is quite remarkable. Not prepared to pay price of cables you suggest. Higher price does not always equate with higher sq in my experience.

2 Likes

Lot of negative feedback for certain British companies so nice to be able to speak highly for this one.

3 Likes

I had the same experience with one plug in particular on my KS-1 cables and also needed to resort to using a pair of pliers. I did discuss it with Signals. The cables work exceptionally well for me :+1:

I used TQ Black with PMC speakers and loved it. When I upgraded those to Kudos Titan 707’s I decided to look at upgrading speaker cable. I found both TQ Black and Ultra Black put way too much bass in (my room/system) so tried the KS-1 which has stayed. I think it’s a superb cable and great VFM. NB I was tempted to order the Witchhat Spectre and am now counting my lucky stars.

I’m not sure if the KS-1 would work as well with PMC speakers although @HungryHalibut is using it with them.

2 Likes

Kudos KS-1 is a truly great cable. It worked superbly feeding my 606s.

My speaker cable journey over the past 20+ years has been:
Chord Epic Twin → WH Phantom → Kudos KS-1 → WH Spectre.

Each step has delivered a big improvement and my journey is now finished (in more ways than one).

I suppose the WH demise is a salutary lesson in the dangers of getting sucked in to a hype-dominated proposition and becoming blind to the risks. I’ve been extremely lucky to have received the product I paid for in full 9 months in advance but realise many others were not.

Thankfully, the product is truly excellent in my system but it doesn’t remove the bad taste left in my mouth from a company that, in hindsight, were lacking the diligence and financial acumen we naturally assume is always there.

But, at the end of the day, KS-1 offers outstanding performance and value for money.

5 Likes

I’ve edited - Please respect and abide by forum rules regarding discussion of unauthorised modifications to Naim equipment. Thanks.

1 Like

I believe quite a few PMC owners are using KS-1 quite happily, including @NoNaim who posted about them above. I’ve used TQ cables in the past, but ruled them out for my PMCs, partly because the Kudos is about half the price of the Black II and partly because I wanted white cables.

1 Like