Kudos KS1 speaker cable

Yes it is :blush:

1 Like

My KS-1 have naim plugs fitted both ends and perform fabulously for the money!

:notes: :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

5 Likes

I’d like to see the Kudos ones. :thinking:

Yeah /but you have the SBLs…

2 Likes

And others - what’s wrong with the chord bananas?

Just ‘Z’ plugs here. No complaints from me

3 Likes

Crimp on :scream:

Alrite - got the chord bananas taken off / now running them with deltrons on one end and Naim plugs on the Naim amp end.

Strange - and I give up on this hobby! Seems like things I attributed to the kudos cable were really all about the chord plugs!

Hmm… there is indeed something to this cable! But also running Morgana between the hi cap-250!

2 Likes

The kudos plugs are also nikel ?

I now solder the speaker end with the plugs of naim

Its seem to me that with bare wires or the gold banana that i add with only a screw there was more warmth.

There is any one who notice that?

1 Like

very interested to here any comparisons between the ks1 and witch hat phantoms as these are my top two choices at the moment.

Got the phantoms warming up/breaking in now.
Will post something comparing them in a week or two.

I tried both phantoms and KS1 and went with KS1 on my Kudos Titans

3 Likes

If you have kudos speakers go with the kudos cable - otherwise do the phantoms.

I would recommend trying as many cables as you can get your hands on… room acoustics, system set up, etc come into play, and can sway things in favour of different cables. KS1 is good, but in my experience there are other just as good options for the Titans, and I would not necessarily choose the same cable for each model of Titan….

I have the witch hat phantoms now made a big difference from my current cables also have ks1’s coming from my dealer on demo. Will be interesting to hear any differences.

So the phantoms made both positive and negative changes I ended up finding them fatiguing so I returned them. But the demo ks1’s are great, honestly it was a shock trying my original cables again. So it looks like I’ll be ordering my own set of ks1’s cables. It just further proves to me the importance of trying stuff in my system/room.

5 Likes

Have you seen the WH Spectre thread? It might be worth waiting until they’re commercially available before committing to the KS-1, unless you’re using Kudos loudspeakers perhaps.

1 Like

I have and I admit it does sound like a brilliant option but the spectre cables are probably going to be a good bit more expensive than the wh phantoms and therefore the ks1 cables which unfortunately makes them highly likely to be out of my price range. If money was no object I’d totally wait and try the spectre cables.

1 Like

ND555/552/500 system with kudos 606s, I’m preferring the WH - but I’ll change cables again in a few months.
Gone WH full loom though (except hiline).
Selling off SuperLumina speaker cables to a friend paid for it all!

The Kudos cables makes the system sound more delicate, more midrange focused.

The WH cables - more dark, well balanced, with a focus on prat grounded by bass - more bad boyish! Never heard such bass on my system. And the mid range is not really sacrificed either.

Both of these take the ‘edge off’ the naca5. But I needed that - since in my room, with hard surfaces and huge glass windows it was all too much. With the Naca5 - The trumpet on Louis Armstrong and Miles Davis was unlistenable, as was Pink Floyd! Some classic rock - like “Dancing in the dark - by Bruce Springsteen - were missing the crucial something that made the music enjoyable”
Now it’s all very enjoyable!

Also got morgana from 552 to 500s, and from 552 to 552 PSU.

4 Likes

Honestly it amazes me a. what an effect cables can have and b. how system and room dependant these things are- in my situation the phantoms had a completely different effect. Sounds like they do a great job in your system/room. Hope you enjoy experimenting in the future.

2 Likes