Kudos speakers price rise 2022

For those that might be thinking of Kudos speakers, the range on average increases by 14% from April the 1st….time to call a dealer and get a pre-price rise order in ?

Glad I’ve got my 606’s already, everything is going up!
Not sure when Kudos prices last changed though

They went up in 2020 and 2021.

I had my 707’s delivered and installed last week. My dealer had tipped me off prior to ordering that price rises on speakers in general, not specifically Kudos, were coming as the cost of the cabinets is going through the roof.

3 Likes

Good for you……nice to save some pennies.

I think most if not all brands will be making similar price rises this year.

Yes indeed, i fear with these price rises some will still go out of business as buyers cannot afford their products, look to cheaper brands etc.

You could be right about businesses closing, at the very least we could see redundancies as companies scale back. We live in very uncertain times.

2 Likes

It’s across so many industries. I was at a glass exhibition private view a couple of weeks ago, chatting to one of the glassmakers they told me that they’d been talking to colleagues in Murano and pretty much every furnace has been turned off because the gas price hike is unsustainable.

3 Likes

If they’ve got plenty of back orders then good for them/Derek. If not, the cost of living squeeze might just combine with the significant price rise to turn off the tap on the supply of customers…

1 Like

Happens everywhere
Coffee is now up with around 35% at my local grocery
Makes great option for buying s/h hifi

S/h hifi gone up too

2 Likes

Does anyone know what price the 808’s are going up to?

They will be increasing by 14%.

2 Likes

Ouch! So £28.5k now.

1 Like

Glad I got mine already - these are keepers!! :blush::star_struck::metal:t3:

4 Likes

Yeah me too! Another £3.5k would probably have tipped me back towards the bigger ATC’s

I can remember when the 808 was £20k and a bit less with some friendly discount from the dealer

1 Like

Here’s where somebody chips in with “I remember when a NAC 552 was only £1.50” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My new 707’s arrived last week. I wasn’t looking to buy until later in the year but my dealer tipped me off that price rises were imminent.

Great speakers but I cant say I’m enjoying the run in period. The pair I demo’d were fantastic though so at least I know what the endgame sounds like.

2 Likes