Kudos speakers price rise 2022

Funnily enough I find the KS-1 “sharper” than Music. Arguably more precise even. Just shows how factors such as our rooms etc influence what we are hearing. The importance of trying before you buy! :+1:

I bought some KS-1 and kudos recommended 3.5m minimum (I only needed 2m)

1 Like

I’m tempted to buy the KS-1 but I already have the Ultra Black II which cost 5x the KS-1 and I’m not fully convinced. When it replaced the NACA5 it was a revelation.
Probably may be better to try the Morgana DIN-DIN interconnect to be compared with my TQ Black Diamond DIN-DIN. I’m looking for a bit more opening on the upper part and more control on the bass but I do not want a clinical sound, specially for the voice bandwidth where the TQ ultra black II and TQ Black Diamond are excellent.

I believe that these increases are in line with the times.
The sad circumstances in the northeast don’t help…

Magico and Nordost have also considerably increased their prices.

Soulution is probably in the process of doing so as well.

That’s why I ordered the Magico M2, Soulution 711/760 and the Nordost Valhalla 2 cable set so suddenly.

It was an enormous outlay, but I saved the 14-15% increase.

2 Likes

Given the price of the black diamond interconnect I’d be amazed if it was outperformed by the Morgana plus you’ve currently got the synergy with your speaker cable.

I’m not sure what your unhappy with within your system but given your level of kit I’d suggest trying the following if your dealer allows home demos

1. HiLine interconnect and NACA5.
  2. Superlumina interconnect and speaker cable
  3. Morgana interconnect with the Phantom speaker cable

If you are keen on trying the KS-1, why not try it with your current interconnect as well as any/all of the above interconnects.

If your preference is outside of your current cables, selling them could go a long way to partially or completely funding the above.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply,
Actually nothing is wrong with my system, however you know that some bugs is always in our mind :wink:.
In my Naim path, starting from XS-SN2-282 and finally 252 I tried only Naca5-TQ black- TQ Ultra black II speaker cables. Naim grey Interconnect followed by Flashbacksales Premium and TQ Black Diamond. I know and I read also that with TQ Black series (black or black diamond) you get a natural (warm?) sound so I was interested to try something more neutral but I’m afraid to get more transparency at the expense of the great musicality I have now.
The best should be try your suggested option at home but my dealer do not have that cables available now and at the moment buy them blinded may be too risky (the last arrival, 300DR really dried my wallet). However KS-1 and Morgana may worth the risk.

In my experience KS-1 bring good highs and bass control.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.