Kudos Titan 505 partnering

Yes here are mine on stands

The stands are exceptional well made, speakers have 3 screws to lock into place and are akin internally weighted

5 Likes

Just make sure the screws that Kudos use to attach them to their stands aren’t still in the bottom of the 505.
They won’t sit right no mater what stand you use.

1 Like

I don’t know about Kudos but the type of stands (open frame or with top plate, wood or steel etc.) makes quite a difference with Harbeth speakers. With quality standmounts, I would expect the stands to bring a noticeable if not big difference to the sound.

2 Likes

I believe kudos stands will bring you better results only on hi-fi issue…but the character will never change …Naim speakers sound real to me,less impression in the beginning but latter it’s takes me into music when other speakers do not (not listened to all speaker exist on the planet in my life) only for those I listened did for me the opposite …impresion first and boring latter… The well-known cliché “no Naim no music”

1 Like

Are the SL2s (?) behind the Kudos not going to be affecting things?

.sjb

2 Likes

You’ll never know until you have them on the correct stands and in the optimum position.

Surely if you are going to demo the 505s then you run them on the correct stands?

Apart from the stands, Sloop_John _B made a good point and I would agree. Although it may be difficult or inconvenient to temporarily move the Naim speakers to another spot, I would surely attempt the stunt before throwing in the towel on the Kudos 505. This was based on my experience of attempting to make 2 pairs of speakers sound good when placed close to each other not too long ago. In my case, it was a failed attempt as both pair of speakers sounded poor in my system. One pair was negatively affecting the sound of the other pair when both speakers were placed close to each other. In the end I need to remove one pair from the spot…

I would add although you can purchase the stands seperate for the T505 they are designed and voiced to work with dedicated stands, so for me it was both needed

speaking to the Kudos team at a demo (was before etc) the stands not only secure the speakers into place with the grub screws the internal wighting is also key to allow the full range of the speakers to shine

I have had mine 3 weeks now and I have to say I am more than delighted with the T505, took me about a day to get into what I now think well be final position

I am about 12 Feet from speakers with a slight Toe in on both R/L channels

Okay I’ve had the 505s for 10 days now. Musical, rich in tone, not room fussy, match with a variety of equipment, they make gorgeous music. There are other speakers available…

5 Likes

Very happy for you Lindsay.

2 Likes

So after extensive home demo of Titan 505 I preferred my Spendors D7.2.It’s a matter of taste I guess but for Jazz and Classics Spendors are so much better to my mind,that it didn’t take me long to come to a final decision.Titan 505 are detailed, energetic and agile,but lifeless comparing to Spendors that are a bit warmer,with dipper (but less controlled) bass.Spendors have some kind of soul if it makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.