Kudos Titan 606

10 hours is nowhere near enough Danny, give them three months minimum

2 Likes

Agreed, my 606s took a couple of months to break in after being used for five or six hours a day.

1 Like

Yes, I don’t sign up to this view that electronics take months and months to run in but speakers - moving parts - certainly need some hours. 606 is a perfect match to 282/250.

Regards,

Lindsay

2 Likes

Thank you guys for your feedback. Actually it’s only one week that I got it. Burn-in in progress :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

They look really cool in white…congrats!

2 Likes

After a couple of weeks, they are changing and getting more open and less boxy :v:. I just left for a vacation and I’ll be away for ten days, break-in will continue to my return :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Very excited to know how they’ll sound in a couple of months! Never had brand new loudspeakers, always second hand or ex-demo so already run.

1 Like

track audio offer an upgraded isolation speaker foot that comes with those shoes i used them on my Kudos S20a made a nice difference sound wise worth trying on a lovely speaker like the titan if you get chance :smile:

http://www.trackaudio.co.uk/spike/spike.html

1 Like

oops double posted…

Soon after getting my 606s and 250dr my neighbours moved out.

Never get past 8.30 on volume either :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ooohhh…need to get me some of those Titan 600s!

3 Likes

Breaking in the 707s with a NAP300DR. Simply Magical. WOW

12 Likes

I would have been leaving them running 24/7 for the 10 days! 240 hrs extra for ‘free’

3 Likes

Nice Jeff, are you using the SN3 as a preamp into the 300, or are you using a dedicated preamp now? You seem to be climbing up the ladder pretty quickly.:+1:t6:

300DR into the HICap DR which feeds the SN3 as a preamp. I’ll be demoing the 252/300 combo hopefully this weekend. These Kudos are really something special.

One of the advantages of working with Tyler. Get to demo things I only once dreamed of. SN3 and HCDR might be finding a new home soon.

2 Likes

Better than Dyn Contour 30’s, I am guessing? :slight_smile:

I would hope so for 3x the cost. I wish Kudos had better brand presence in the US. It truly is a gem. Even my 3k X2s for my bedroom blows away the evoke series. You’ll just have to hear it.

1 Like

Good option Steve but I have not trusted to keep the system ON for a full week during my vacation :wink:

1 Like

Can you tell em what finish those are, please? It is oak?

1 Like

Congratulations — awesome speakers! I had the chance to hear them in an active set-up at the Acoustica show a few years ago —blimey… :heart_eyes:

You have them pretty close to the wall — is this their final position? May I ask what’s the distance between speakers and wall.

Cheers.

1 Like

Jeff, if I may make a suggestion here, try temporarily removing the subwoofers from between your 'speakers and see whether or not you feel this is an appreciable improvement in the sound quality.

I mention this as I got help in taking my hefty subwoofer upstairs to the lounge on Tuesday and had a listen to my system yesterday evening without it being between my 'speakers. I would have to say my “golden-eared” dealer was correct when he said the sub was influencing the sound, and not for the better. I am quite resistant to convincing myself that things sound better "just because ", but I have had it twice this year: once when we first listened to the Tron phono stage and yesterday sans subwoofer.