Kudos Titan 707 v Naim SL2

It’s really not worth arguing about. Some prefer the 606. Some prefer the 707. That’s about all anyone can say. What matters is which people prefer in their own room with their own system.

5 Likes

Anecdotal doesn’t mean insignificant, just not definitive.

Opinions are not facts.

As HH says, the only opinion that really matters is your own.

Now back to the topic.

4 Likes

You interpreted what I reported as if I was saying it’s a fact. I never thought that. I just wanted to point that maybe, even if the 707 is better on paper, it may not be better for all.
Like for instance 250 dr and 300 dr. For me and some the 250 dr is more musical. For some the XS2 has better prat vs the SN2. The 282 more involving vs the 252 ( still for some).
So the goal of all that is ? : before buying the 707, compare first with the 606. Who knows.

3 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

I agree too Nigel, but of course that’s still anecdotal and subjective even :laughing: Best Peter

1 Like

I’ll take anecdotal affirmation!

1 Like

It’s not the anecdote, it’s how you tell it….

I had the 707s for about a year. Then switched up to the 808s. Originally paired with a 300DR then moved to an Aavik U-150. The 808s are just in another league. Plus, easier to drive then the 707s. Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

A french proverb : “ An anecdote tells us more about a man than a volume of biography.”

4 Likes

My room isn’t huge so hopefully a 500 will be fine with them. Only one way to find out though.

I had SL2 and I have now 707.
500 series system with LP12, CD555 and ND555, the 707 is much better.
The top end of the 707 is excellent, the bass is good-heavy and it’s more engaging than the SL2.
The SL2 is “raw sounding” in comparison, you get much more refinement from the Kudos.

E.

4 Likes

I think that is why so many here like Naim speakers. Raw could easily be described as live sounding, big scale, not too warm or smooth. Language rarely describes sound accurately!

7 Likes

Yes: it’s like certain valve systems that just drip syrup…. very smooth and sweet, but yuck!

2 Likes

A forum member had the 707s on home demo with his 500 system a couple of years back, which I had the pleasure of hearing, they were very good but I doubt they would offered much over the 505s or 606s. He subsequently bought the 808s, paradigm shift, awesome. But as @anon4489532 and @NigelB say all opinion. Home demo essential.

2 Likes

Quite so; it’s also worth remembering that while Kudos are the Forum darlings and people get rather moist about them, other speakers are available.

5 Likes

Those syrupy valves amps are nowadays anecdotal :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve heard great things about the 808s but the room size and wallet are just too small to go there. I’ll probably hang to the SL2s anyway. Think they’re a design classic and very hard to get hold of. Time will tell though.

3 Likes

I was only saying to saying someone else from another forum earlier ‘if it isn’t broke……”

1 Like

In my environment, small room, CD555, 552 and 300DR, I traded my SL2 last year for 606s and have never looked back. I find 606s more engaging in every sense and love every minute I listen to music.

6 Likes

I have a dedicated listening room but it is only 14’ x 12’ and the 808’s sound fabulous in it. A lot better than the SL2’s that I had before. So if your wallet can’t stretch to them then fair enough otherwise give them a go!

1 Like