Lan connection to HDX with Windows 10

Hi

I need to do a new backup of my HDX media library. In the past I was able to connect a Windows Vista PC via LAN to the HDX to then run a backup (and also manage stores / add downloaded music).

Sadly that PC is dead and new PC running Windows 10 can only see the HDX as a ā€œMedia Deviceā€ not as a ā€œComputerā€ within ā€œFile Explorerā€ and or ā€œNetworkā€. This means I cant run the backup/ manage the HDX as previously with Vista.

Any ideas / help as to how to connect to the file stores on the HDX are much appreciated.

Ken

Probably this:

Many thanks for that. Have enabled SMB1 and also ensured network and sharing settings are as per the linked article. Still no joy ! Any other ideas most welcome !!

The SMB1 issue is something you need to address even though it hasnā€™t solved your problem, so at least thatā€™s one hurdle youā€™re over!
Were you trying to use the Desktop Client to make these changes? As a Mac user Iā€™m not too familiar with it, but Iā€™ve generally found that the best way to make these sort of changes is via the ā€˜browser interfaceā€™ which can (or at least could) be accessed via any web browser on Mac or Windows. However, since Adobe discontinued Flash support this no longer works, but there is a workaround availble if you follow these instructions:

Some other issues to be aware of:
Is your firmware up to date? The latest is 1.7c.
If you use the DTC make sure you are using the latest version, as that, too, was updated a while back.

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m trying to use network explorer in Windows 10 to manage the HDX, which is running 1.7c

I can manage / access HDX via the NDC and that works fine. However I do get error that NDC is out of date. Ive updated that from here but still get the ā€œold versionā€ warning. The Desktop Client i have is 1.7b 4.0.16.1180 from (https://www.naimaudio.com/sites/default/files/products/downloads/files/RS2403_1.7b_Desktop_Client_0.zip)

Naim HDX Backup NAS Drive - Streaming Audio - Naim Audio - Community

Using what you guys have helped me with and the above post I have got it working :slight_smile:

Solution:

On my windows PC I press the windows key and R together and then in the ā€˜Runā€™ box type

\ip address of HDX\Music

or

\ip address of HDX\Downloads

This allows me to browse through the HDXā€™s files in Windows File Explorer, which I have pinned to start in File Explorer so that in future I can access the files without needing to use the ā€œRunā€ box and re-keying the IP address

2 Likes

If you have a disc with the 1.7c update on it that should also include a copy of the latest DTC, or you can download it from here:

https://www.music-line.biz/cms/software.778.0.html

2 Likes

Super, thank you

Upgrade to 1.7c on HDX was done by dealer so I donā€™t have disc. Thanks for the link and all your help @ChrisSU

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.