Last Will - Who’s getting your gear?

Our local undertaker uses a gurney. That should do nicely.

1 Like

Having the coffin with a builtin system would sound a lot better than the sounds (noises) one hears in all the crematoriums I have been to recently.

Haha. I went on an install with my boss (I must have been about 16 at the time) to do an install at the local crematorium. Bose AM10 5.1 tucked into the high rafters of the large service chapel. Sounded great.

The owner then showed us the back were they do the business. He was way too into his job. I’ve seen things I can’t unsee :grimacing:

As a slight aside, the C19 situation and various funerals we’ve attended, led us (wife and me) to prepare a document outling our wishes for our funerals. It includes readings, music, type of casket, service etc and we have prepaid for plots in natural burial ground where our ashes will be placed.

It’s all in a folder that our boys know about, just hope I live a few more years!!!

I plan to be buried in some Naim boxes

2 Likes

Come now…a Statement Case at the very least!

OK just for you then. Not quite all the collection quite a few boxes in the loft.

All randomly stored but each barcode is recorded and an excel macro determines location of each cd in the collection.

15 Likes

I remember seeing this the first time.
Jawdropping…I thought I had a lot, but…

I bow to thee, O CD Master.

1 Like

Interesting thread!. Just made a Will at 60. No mention of Naim kit in the Will as it is just part of the estate. Bring single I have asked solicitor to be executor. I have written notes to contact Audiobarn or Hi Fi Lounge to sell although I would expect to downsize to a Uniti in the future

I would suggest that this forms part of your personal effects, a letter to your executor should be sufficient

The death of Valentin Alkan springs to mind…those Talmud can be heavy

2 Likes

The daughters can decide among themselves who gets which bits of our Linn, Meridian & Naim systems. However both wills have made detailed provision for the cats.

1 Like

So they get the Naim ?

1 Like

They may well, provided they learn to use the Naim Remote, load the CDX, and cue the Zeta arm on the Sondek!

However as the wills are written, each surviving kitty will be accompanied by a substantial amount of cash to provide for their upkeep. The kitties may become very popular!

1 Like

Surely they can just use the boxes as heaters to lie on. When I replaced my rack a few years ago I was genuinely surprised by the amount of Bella’s fur coating the 135s.

True, but they still need to learn how to switch on the NAPs!

1 Like

That old Bob Hope joke, “They say you can’t take it with you, but I know that Crosby has been buying asbestos suitcases.”

Turning on NAPs so they can provide a warm place to nap on, is one of the reasons why cats have domesticated humans.

3 Likes

……and you most certainly should make a new will after marriage. If you don’t you will die intestate as in the UK, marriage automatically voids any previous will.

1 Like

Under English law, a marriage completely nullifies/voids any will made before the marriage. So anyone with a will who then gets married MUST make a new will. (The situation in Scotland and N Ireland may be the same, but I don’t know.)

No ifs, no buts, End of lesson.

[To Chris SU: You beat me to it, but I’ll leave my post, as it’s very important, and (I think) not well understood by the public at large.]

Graham (retired solicitor)

1 Like