Latest FW and App update for Uniti Star and Mu-So Qb

You’d be more in my shoes (and possibly frame of mind) if your display was busted (I definitely don’t wish that on you!). I hope you’re right, re the replacement.

1 Like

I feel your pain! As an electronics engineer, I fully understand the sometimes strange happenings when electrons are involved in a complex system. Time for a cool head and a little patience I think - it will get sorted! In the mean time - enjoy the music - it still sounds GREAT! Cheers!

1 Like

Yes, at least it is still useable. Would be much worse if the screen was absolutely required!

OK, a new firmware was released, 3.8.0 (5355), and I installed it with fingers and toes crossed, and breath abate, hoping I would once again see the lovely display of my Uniti Star. No love. None at all.

I have contacted the dealer. They have offered to “try some things”. The dealer is a two hour drive away through one of the worst cities to drive through that I’ve ever experienced. So, yeah, I will eventually relent and get my box out of storage, and make the journey with my $6k “high end” streamer.

Meanwhile, IMO, it doesn’t hurt anyone to share progress (or lack thereof) here. There are other threads where similar issues have happened, and it was worthwhile for me to be able to read through them, if only to know that I’m not alone and see what other things were attempted, and to know that this is not the first time display issues have cropped up due to firmware releases.

I think people can probably unsubscribe from this thread if they are annoyed by posts here from those of us with issues.

Do you have any updates on your situation? Without going into great detail (it’s a long story), I’ve been in contact with support and a Naim dealer. Support was great for the first email exchange (12/30/2021) and basically said the unit needs to come back to Naim with dealer involvement, but that was an incomplete exchange, and follow-up emails to support have gone unanswered.

The nearest dealer, which is a long drive (and not the dealer where I actually bought the unit), when asked if he could help with the service process, acted as though I’d offered to show up with my pet skunk. I decided (for now) not to make a two-hour trip only to deal with someone annoyed with the situation (and annoying me even more in the process). So, I’m feeling a bit in the cold. My Uniti Star is sitting in the original boxes at this point.

Hey mathomas. My Star is still staring, but not shining as brightly due to display issue. I have full functionality and can do everything I want to do with it. It is my only player and I’m running it most waking hours either listing to streamed radio (Radio Paradise is our go to station, plus a couple of local (Melbourne Australia) community radio stations (RRR and PBS) or one of my CDs (have ripped my entire collection). As per above, I’m not going to give it up for a service until 'Rona has departed and supply chains get back to normal. So in short, still enjoying the music, and if I want to get some album info (cover or notes), I use my iPad or iPhone. Hope you get sorted soon. Rgds

It seems most staff was on Christmas break and thereafter they have had to work through the backlog, they will hopefully get back to you soon. If not, I’m sure that Clare can chase up your ticket number if you post it here for her

Good point re the holidays. I didn’t actually get a ticket number with the response :man_shrugging:t2:. I like your avatar graphic :+1:.

1 Like

Ah, yes, I’d forgotten your position re supply issues, etc. Your attitude is inspiring. Thanks :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.