Lavender RCA - DIN vs Clearway RCA - RCA

I currently have Chord Clearway RCA - RCA connecting my Aria with the SN2. I currently have a Rega P6/Ania but will be upgrading to a P8/Apheta 3 (or possibly a P10) in the near future. Do you think I would hear a significant benefit spending the £115 or so on a Lavender RCA - Din to replace my Clearway?

I was advised to use Rega’s Couple 2 phono leads. They work very well.

1 Like

Do you know if these Rega RCAs are much better than the Clearway?

Sorry, no idea. But it sounds good.

1 Like

I got the Chord Shawline RCA - DIN yesterday.
Used between the Aria and the SN2. The sound is good. Better than the no name RCA-RCA that I used previously.

1 Like

I don’t have any experience of the Naim Lavender leads, but do have experience with Chord Clearway and Shawline. Clearway is a good cable - it has a very open sound, good levels of detail, plus it is flexible which helps with cable dressing. In isolation, it sounds great, but in comparison to Shawline it has a pronounced high end, which can emphasise metallic and percussive instruments. While initially impressive, on comparison to the more muted Shawline, over time it becomes apparent that Shawline is much more refined and had higher resolution. The downside is Shawline is a rather stiff cable, and harder to dress.

1 Like

I never got along with the the Shawline, was very underwhelmed by it, replaced it with a Cobra that was far nicer overall, then recently an Indigo,

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.