«Leedh Processing» - The end of analog preamps?

I was in the high end Hifi show in my dealer place, to listen to the Lumin X1 ( another thread is open).
The main distributor of Lumin in France was there, so I asked him about Leedh processing.
He honestly responded to me that for now the Lumin will still sound better with a great preamp than with the inner Leedh processing.

1 Like

It’s just not like that to my way of thinking, and indeed when I studied electronics, the pre amp is the first stage of the amp and is usually a buffering stage, as well as selection and attenuation should you want… it’s not all about signal levels…
So yes you can have an integrated amp which has the buffering stage and power amp combined or you can separate out.
So the key thing is the amp input buffer which accepts a range of input impedances… to me this is the key thing about the preamp… not the attenuators for adjusting signal level.

So if a DAC is designed to connect directly to a Power amp… such as some of the Chord DAC/Preamps like DAVE to the Chord Poweramps… then the job is a good ‘en.

In this thread there seems to be an obsession about preamp volume attenuators… and no mention of the preamp buffering and matching stages.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.