LEGO Beatles Set - Where to start …?

I got this to my birthday from my lovely sister:

The question now is: How to start? Which portrait would be your favorite? Unfortunately you can only have one and not all four simultaneously …

Thank you for solving my first world problem!

Cheers
Colormind.

4 Likes

I’d build a space rocket tbh and remember the idea that just because something is possible doesn’t mean it has to be done. A Lego Beatle portrait… Hold me up… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lego lost its way when it stopped selling imagination and started selling 3D jigsaws.

Ringo, if you must.

5 Likes

George Harrison. :muscle:
( with time , became my favorite one)

But you can ( each quarter) change the picture.

:sunglasses::heart_eyes::fire::wink:

2 Likes

£115 for a load of plastic tat. A truly ridiculous thing. Has the world gone mad? What’s wrong with a proper cardboard jigsaw puzzle? Take it back for a refund, get a cardboard puzzle and give the balance to charity.

3 Likes

Wow! I bet you’re glad you asked.

4 Likes

Bah Humbug!!!

4 Likes

Ooh an 18+ present!

Love legos.

2 Likes

Quite, I have never considered following instructions to be particularly creative.

If anyone wants to know what Lego creativity can achieve, just look at my avatar. My son made that, it took about 300 hours from first principles to ensure it was authentic. Sure, it is a copy of Thunderbird 3, but I think he has done a fantastic job.

2 Likes

So shall we put you down as a “maybe” ?

8 Likes

Lego is awesome, I expect HH would still rather a hoop and stick! :0)

5 Likes

I love those pictures - from the White Album - but the one of Macca doesn’t look quite right here.

Unfortunately the one that looks like the most accurate rendering is Ringo!

Next best is George - so probably I’d start there!!

3 Likes

Even if it was Miles Davis at Aghartha, I would never pay 115 for it. Not always agree with HH, but this time, yes.

1 Like

Well, some answers don’t quite match my intention when opening the topic, but that’s totally okay. Maybe I should rephrase it: Whose Beatles band member’s portrait would you hang on your wall? :slight_smile:

But of course I understand the responses here - including the criticism of Lego and the related price performance discussion. But to be honest: Since it’s a gift, a return is not an option and I basically have fun with something like that and am very grateful for the gift I never would have expected - regardless of what it cost. :wink:

And to be quite honest, if I would tell my sister what my speaker cables cost, a discussion about the price of this Lego set would probably be a bit difficult as well … :joy:

So thanks for all the answers and also thanks for the basic discussion, but back to my general problem: Which Beatle first? :innocent:

8 Likes

Somebody’s getting that piece of Coal for Christmas this year

2 Likes

I completely agree with this. Then Paul, finishing with John.

Will there be a Yoko bonus pack? There a sites where you can provide a photo and get a Lego pattern back.

2 Likes

Just jumble all the pieces up in the box. Hey presto - Yoko.

4 Likes

£115 would not even buy a ‘good’ speaker cable. Each to their own. Some people here spend five figures on a watch.

4 Likes

I would have thought the answer was obvious.

Sis bought one, you buy the other three!

And cheaper than a over-priced mains-IEC cable

2 Likes

Big piccy please Ravvie.

2 Likes

This is one of several pics he submitted to the Lego Ideas website.His project gathered lots of support but not enough to be considered for production into a Lego set.

9 Likes