Lessons learned while ripping CDs via Naim Uniti Core

Core is probably going to be my next purchase. So I’ve been ready up on it on and off for a few months. Your post seemed to answer most of my queries. And certainly hasn’t put me off.

I’m faced with a similar issue - how did you use SongKong to add the tags to the wav rips? Did you access the music file folders on the Core with your computer, over your network?

Sure. You’re welcome

Hi

I accessed them from separate hard drives that I use for my car and laptop use. I don’t think I’ll “tag” my main backup of the Core’s internal hd. I’d like to keep that a pristine, exact copy of what’s in the Core.

However, I wanted to have a “copy of the copy” that I could be flexible with, and in my case tag and use that copy(s) so I can see the artwork on my car’s music player. Annoying not to see this artwork at a glance. (and for occasional laptop use also).

You may want to contact Song Kong to see if something like this can be done over the network. I found them very responsive.

Just make sure if you buy the program to get the Melco/Naim version.

Happy to answer any questions that I can.

In my case, SongKong was on my computer, and the files were on my NAS, so it was all done across my network.

Regarding tagging the content stored internally on the Core, I wanted all my content (WAV) to be tagged, regardless of where it resided (on the Core or on my NAS). To do that safely, I made a duplicate copy of the Core Backup files in a temporary folder on my NAS which I used for tagging by SongKong. Then I replaced the files in the NAS Core Backup with the tagged copies, and used Restore on the Core App to ingest that back into the Core. Keep in mind that albums in the Music/MQ folder in the backup must have meta.naim files, and everything else goes into the Downloads folder.

A word of advice here: test your process on one two albums first. The Core app Restore function is fast and effective, and will quickly give you the confidence that your process is working correctly. If it’s not working right, you then have only one or two albums to fix.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.