Life After Naim

I rather did it the other way. I had an Arcam CDP/amp with Dyn Contour 1.8s and was looking for a better amp to drive them. Tried Kell, Audio Analogue (gorgeous sound but blew up when on home demo), Cyrus, Merdian when one very helpful dealer suggested a home demo of CDX2/202/200. Informed somewhat by the anti-Naim rhetoric on another forum I initially didn’t go for the suggestion but eventually did the home demo and the rest as they say!

2 Likes

Go to your own Brand forums:))

I find these threads fascinating and educational and it’s great that they pop up from time to time:

If you owned a 911 and swapped it for a beetle (or anything else) I’m sure many 911 owners would be fascinated to know what drove your decision. There are many discussions of life after Porsche on Porsche fora.

3 Likes

Why not? I think we can all be very usefully informed as to why people went elsewhere.

1 Like

Maybe they can tell us what people writing in other brand forums about Naim!

Nat 01
ND5XS
CD5
UniteQute
Unitiqute2 x2
Uniti
Nac 42.5
122x
Nap 90
250 bolt down
250 CB
250-2
250DR
Nait5
Nait XS
SBLs
Nac A5
Hi Line x 2
Power Line x 2
CB HC
Olive HC
Flatcap XS
Supercap
Supercap 2

I think I’ve remembered all the products I’ve owned. Enough to have earned me the right to visit this forum perhaps?

22 Likes

I do understand where you are coming from. If you move on from Naim then come back on the forum and dismiss the Naim brand as rubbish, then that’s bad form. That’s not what this thread is about. It’s good to read of others experiences and the tolerance of this and the general good nature of this forum means a lot of former owners remain and continue to contribute.

14 Likes

Well said James and perhaps I could have put it better myself and so I’d like to apologise for any offence I may have caused to anyone .

1 Like

I think you can do this yourself. You did not write anything wrong imo.

3 Likes

I quite like your music recommendations so not bothered if you own Naim equipment but would be very alarmed if I discovered you were not an actual builder :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I tried a life after a Porsche and quite frankly it didn’t work out. :hugs: ATB Peter

6 Likes

The right? Yes, no doubt.

Personally I neither feel the need nor find the time to visit fora of brands I’m no longer using, but of course everyone is different.

Claude

1 Like

Comments all look good to me. And it’s a great list of gear. Respect!!

1 Like

Thats a journey and a half👍

1 Like

Initially surprised by the length of that list until I realised I can just about compete with it…’My name is Graeme. I’ve been an audio addict for 40 years …etc etc’

G

6 Likes

I tried to get a piece of Life after Naim, Lord knows I tried, but everything I listened to depressed me. I resigned myself to getting my old Naim system out of storage and have been upgrading at a scary rate (For me at least) ever since.

@Bobthebuilder, this is an interesting thread and I too enjoy your music recommendations. No need for apologies, it’s good to have you around.

6 Likes

The reason I visit this forum has nothing to do with the brand but of the people and the musical recommendations.

3 Likes

My next confession I’m actually not a builder at all but a ballerina.

11 Likes

Often wondered :grinning:

2 Likes

Ballerinas are the pot bellied builders of the classical arts.

2 Likes