Linn Karousel bearing announced

Well after the next ESE and Vooduu people album and first live show in your good establishment.

2 Likes

The Linn hierarchy would suggest bearing firstā€¦

4 Likes

Great! Interesting news at last.

1 Like

Must come with the inner platter, so maybe time to get a new outer one too.

1 Like

They got the dates wrong but a nice plinth ^ :joy:

6 Likes

I was very impressed when I had my bearing replaced a few years ago so this should be very interesting.

Richard

4 Likes

Is this a figure of speech or have you decided youā€™ll shell out purely on the fact that Linn is bringing something out? No listen, etc.

my dealer is expecting first arrivals around mid March, based on his views and time to evaluate I am more that happy to look at

my Cickus bearing is recent and I also have Tiger Paw tranquility so both of these might be the same as the new Karsouel

Anyway time to lisen when in the market, understand pricing around Ā£750 and then PX on ex change on Cirkus

2 Likes

Just heard the Linn Karousel tonight at an event here in the States. Iā€™m in shock at the difference. I donā€™t own a turntable currently but even I could hear the difference.

5 Likes

Not really what I wanted to hear :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Light hearted figure of speech. Iā€™ve only very recently upgraded to Keel, Radikal and Kandid so after that battering my funds need to replenish. So Iā€™ll have plenty of time to enjoy the debate and then hear for myself before making my mind up.

3 Likes

Better or worse in your view?

Richard

1 Like

Hmmmmā€¦ Had new Cirkus kit fitted in November when my Keel and Kandid were fittedā€¦ Old original bearing was a bit worn. If Iā€™d known about this Iā€™d have waited a bit. Cest la vieā€¦

3 Likes

On the other hand it would have been a difficult decision to remove my TPT in favour of the Karousel, were they incompatible, as the TPT was a 60th Birthday present from my son and daughter-in-law last year.

Gonna be a while before I and my LP12 head up the motorway to Leicestershire again.

Iā€™m hoping the combination of Cirkus and TPT will be closely comparable, especially if TPT and Karousel are not compatible.

Yepā€¦Likewise

Phew! Luckily I have only recently visited Leicester to have Radikal, Ekos SE and new cartridge fitted.
I wonā€™t be visiting again until I need a replacement cartridge so plenty of time to get all the opinions on the new bearing!

2 Likes

Indeed. A bit of a reach on the ā€˜best TTā€™ bit. I wonder if this is another behind the scenes collaboration job, as with the Keel (with SME IIRC).

ā€˜This innovative new take on our original bearing design has been made possible by technological developments in material science, machining capabilities and mechanical engineering expertise gained from almost half a century of designing and manufacturing the worldā€™s best turntable.ā€™

Thatā€™s Ā£750 saved :-)))

3 Likes

Another thing to consider is that, if I am not mistaken, the Tranquility is no longer available.