Little Pleasures

I’ve tried coconut oil but prefer other oils in a pan.

As I say for just over a tenner these things are brilliant, not using oil at all, virtually no burnt kernels though a few may pop out with the corn. They somehow manage to heat and rotate the kernels at the bottom of a metal tube with some perforations to let the heated air in from below - assume there’s some hybrid hair dryer/heat gun hybrid underneath - uses 1200W.

I dismissed these things as a novelty item and got one for the kids - miles easier than having to clean a pan with oil.

When coins were in daily use - remember coins? - I used to use 35mm film pots to manage my coinage.
One in my pocket for general use, and another in the car for car park tickets.
They cost nothing, and lasted a couple of years before plastic fatigue set in.

5 Likes

We have an østhøvel, and ever since our cake slice handle split, it’s been used as a cake slice/pie cutter.
We can buy brunøst locally (Oxford), but I’ve only ever known it as jeitøst - goats cheese.

1 Like

It will save you from insanity when you arrive at a hotel late night after a long, tiring trip with a bottle of wine and room service is nowhere in sight !!!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.