Live streaming tests - ND555 vs MolaMola, Grimm and MSB

I love the live sessions on Youtube delivered by a well known expert company in The Netherlands. These sessions are on Youtube and typically run on Sunday mornings. Currently this session is on comparing Naim ND555, with Grimm Mu1, Mola Mola Tambaqui and MSB. Even though it is YouTube, it gives very good insight in the different signatures.

The sessions are in English and the team takes plenty of time to discuss. Stunning.

Iver

1 Like

impressions from the experts when running the ND555 after they ran MolaMola and MSB: “shockingly good” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I posted the link yesterday and must admit I forgot all about it this morning. I just catched the last few minutes and am waiting for the music to finish so I can watch it at least the nd 555 part. Nice to see other options in hardware than what is always talked about here. And interesting how close Danish and dutch seems to be and still be very different. Finally I suppose hifiklubben is the Danish hifi shop or chain has expanded into countries outside the nordic countries. I did not know that. Even though I have never bought equipment from them it is nice to see another Danish company in the big hifi world.
Claus

1 Like

Hifi Klubben was founded by Peter Lyngdorf from the audio company with the same name. It has close ties to MolaMola and Grimm through Hypex, for which Bruno Putzeys has been a primary designer. Another close connection is to NAD, which has started to adopt Putzeys designs as well, and is one of the main brands being sold in the Hifi Klubben stores apart from Lyngdorf itself.

1 Like

This session is hosted by Alpha Audio

This seems to be some kind of love ffor creating a lot of different companies for some in the Danish hifi scene. Originally Dali was also part of hifiklubben but technically I think they are a seperate company now. We also have the Lars Christensen/Michael Børresen world of companies Ansuz, Aavik and Borresen being the latest company I know of.
Claus

1 Like

Thanks Iver, really enjoyed the opportunity for such a rare comparison.

The ND555 really nails the ability to simply sound natural, doesn’t it.

On the other hand, the MSB Discrete is €10k less than the ND555. Perhaps the Premier dac would have made a more direct comparison. That’s the comparison that I was fortunate to make.

Enjoy your lovely streamer!

Best regards, BF

1 Like

@Bluesfan thanks !! As a kind of « core setup » they use amplification from PassLabs and speakers are either Grimm (as in this series) or their beloved Sopra 1

Have a look at their playlists: recently they did the SuperNait3 against some other strong offerings. Another series was on active loudspeakers with the ATC40a

Iver

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.