Location of source relative to speakers

2 of my 3 racks for my active system sit between the speakers no other way to do it. However all racks and powersupplies and amps are on darkz antivibration feats. An expensive solution but it works in terms of sq.

:small_blue_diamond:@Guinnless,ā€¦Top,.thanks :+1:t2:.

Then itā€™s the same rules that we have in Sweden.

/PederšŸ™‚

Good post topic, i always bemused when folk have a high end system and the rack in the middle of the speakers, or to the side, but the speaker firing directly at the gear.

I know the Yanks love this (all the gear in between and short cable runs) and some Brits (but then we are tight and buy 1m speakers runs) :star_struck:

Ah ha - thank you all. Iā€™m looking at some electronic location changes for various reasons. Currently in another room but needing to go in to same room as speakers and only spot is between them - but it looks like this is a no-no. Oh well, guess Iā€™m just going to have to move house!

Itā€™s not a no-no. Music systems fit in and add to our lifestyle. If that is what works, it works.

2 Likes

Good point - and I wonder how much ā€˜real worldā€™ effect there would be on the sound quality anyway. OK, I wonā€™t sell the house. Cheers Mike!

1 Like

Quite so.

1 Like

A modern purpose built apartment block would not have timber floors, more likely concrete and steel. However, there is a lot of old housing in the UK, including houses and other buildings converted into flats.

1 Like

My philosophy is room first as others have to live in it to. So I have no choice in speaker position and the hifi itself. Is it optimum, no, but for WAF and easy life it works out fine, especially now using Roons DSP and HAF filters for room correction. You have to live with what you have, hifi does not dictate my living space.

:small_blue_diamond:@Mike_S,ā€¦Sometimes you have to compromise,.but it is very important to understand the differenceā€¦
On how to get better soundquality.

Incredibly many people understand,do not know it.
Therefore,.it is good with knowledge,.so that you understand when you have to compromise.

:small_blue_diamond:@Django84,ā€¦You can only evaluate this,.if you are listening to my advice.

For I hadnā€™t told you about these advice to you,.if I hadnā€™t tried and evaluated this for many,many years.
Many years of practical installation-knowledge is behind these councils.

As I wrote above,.it is good to know when you have to compromise in your installation. Because then you also know how to improve your installation and soundquality.

/PederšŸ™‚

If you are stuck with your racks between your speakers, it helps to move the speakers as far forward as possible and to hang stuff on the wall above the rack.

Mine too - first saw it this way at UHES.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.