Login Problems

Our web developer is going to log you out from the “backend” of the forum to see if that helps.

I will monitor it for the rest of the day and then let you know, and hopefully you will hear something from the dev, there is no change yet.

OK, in the meantime, try restarting your network/router/hub and restarting your devices to see if that helps.

@Richard.Dane Done the restarts on the devices and restarted the router indoors a while ago, I am out and about now on 4g and shops WiFi, the problem still persists. I have checked other forums and other websites and they are all staying logged in.

Another thing I have noticed is if I flick the tab away and then click on the forum bookmark to open a new tab then everything is fine. If I close the tab I then flick the browser away and then reopen the browser and select the forum bookmark to open a new tab it works. It only happens if the browser is flicked away with forum tab open and then the browser is reopened opened with the forum tab in place, it has logged me out. Hope that makes sense

I have 3 screen videos showing the 3 scenarios but I am unable to upload them.

OK thanks. Our web developer is looking into it.

It’s now doing it to me too, five times so far today, on both iPhone and iPad. I’ll restart the router but am not keen to clear the history and everything as it’s then a pain to log into everything again.

I’ve had no further update from our WD yet. John, are you still experiencing problems after clearing and restarting everything?

The problem is still there, and I have cleared, restarted and done everything I can think of, quite a few times now. It does it on my wifi, other peoples wifi and 4g. I have even tried it on other peoples iPhones and iPads, who have never even heard of Naim let alone been on the community and the problem is there on those devices as well, when I use my credentials to login.

Glad it’s not just me, I was getting worried it was something I had done, see my post to Richard above this one.

I’m getting something similar.

If I leave the page open on iPad and then come back to it, I get the ‘not logged in’ page. However if I just refresh the page it’s straight in, logged in as usual.

Looks like other Discourse users have had a similar issue. There’s another new update that should fix it. Our WD will be applying it shortly so there may be some brief downtime…

Looks like it maybe fixed, will monitor. Thanks

I had it too today but seems fine now.

It should now be fixed following the earlier further update.

Been logged out of Naim and Amazon today for the first time in a good while.

It’s working fine now, problem fixed. Thanks Richard and the Web Dev

1 Like

I too have been logged out every time I’ve gone away from the internet browser. This did rectify itself, but I have just had the problem on my desktop computer, although I’ve not visited the forum on here for a few weeks.

However, I do have a new problem which has appeared some time between yesterday and today. When selecting the Naim Community web page on my iPad mini (first variant, running iOS 9.3.5, which is the latest my iPad will allow) I now just get a blank page. It seems to load very quickly too and then just blank.

I have found exactly the same issue on my wife’s old iPad mini (same as described above) and have encountered the same issue. It works fine on my iPhone and PC. Would it be possible to check if this has been caused by some recent change to the software?

Thank you.
Clive

Clive, are you running the discourse App on the old iPad mini?