London and UK Jazz Scene - recommendations and discoveries

I know, I thought you were looking at Amazon DE

1 Like

Yes, this would be my option, regarding the last months I was sending lots of records back because of bad pressings. In these cases, the easiest retailer is Amazon. There are no discussions etc.

I think Juno records has a German site. Here in UK they give excellent service, no quibble returns and often cheaper than elsewhere including Amazon. I think they also have an ebay or discogs shop

1 Like

I hope @krautnaimie will be okay with this post from this Danish Trio.

Rude Skøtt Osborn Trio taken from the excellent The Virtue of Temperance record on the El Paraiso label I could have picked any of the 10 tracks as a sample as they are all excellent.

1 Like

At least the saxophonist is Tamar Osborn, from UK. She is under the excellent Collocutor group.

1 Like

Well spotted FR I’d not heard of her before today but she is mentioned in an excellent review of The Virtue of Temperance. The other two musicians bassist/guitarist Martin Rude lead singer with Sun River and Jakob Skøtt drummer with Causa Sui are where not known for playing Jazz but formed the Martin Rude & Jakob Skøtt Duo and released two excellent records The Discipline of Assent and The Dichotomy of Control which though not out and out Jazz records are stepping stones to the heavily Jazz influenced Rude Skoøtt Osborn Trio.

2 Likes

I came to your rescue :joy:

2 Likes

I forgot to say that yesterday was Danish Day :wink:

2 Likes

Just booked tickets for Robocobra Quartet at The Castle Hotel, Manchester on Saturday 24 Sept.

They will also be playing Bristol, Liverpool and Glasgow.

This Belfast band will issue their first new album in 4 years: “Living Isn’t Easy” - on First Taste Records on June 17th 2022 - some tracks of which have been released on YT.

1 Like

I’ve posted this record on the PRE ORDER thread too Jay Kayser’s debut - 5FIVE I could have picked any of the 5 they are all excellent and artfully done.

1 Like

Just ordered Alfa Mist - Structuralism, it will be released at 13th of May. It seems that this album has not been available on Vinyl ever since. Looking forward to it

1 Like

I was lucky to get a reissue last year when original copies where going for up to £100 great record.

1 Like

Wow, Vinyl prizes went crazy

1 Like

Two more excellent records by the uber talented Londoner Alfa Mist.

From 2017 Antiphon this is my 2020 reissue.

And secondly under the 44th Move moniker with Aussie drummer Richie Spaven the excellent 44th Move ep on Black Acre Records.

I bought a promo copy first in plain sleeve and then when it was reissued a year later I bought the clear vinyl reissue because I really like the cover.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting that FR, after my first copy turned up poorly, its replacement is now spinning!

Str4ta - Aspects, most enjoyable on a sunny lunchtime!

2 Likes

@gthack Astonishing what copies were sent nowadays, hope the new copy is good! :+1:

Damaged in transit I think! New copy is fine, and a good album 8)

1 Like

It’s an lp ? I looks like a cd. Yes agree, enjoyable album, on a sunny day always preferable :+1:

I think you just said I have small hands!? :joy:

1 Like

How can I dare ? :joy:

1 Like