London and UK Jazz Scene - recommendations and discoveries

@Dreadatthecontrols @frenchrooster

The All-Parliantary Parliamentary Jazz Group is a collection of 150 or so MPs and peers from all parts of the political spectrum who happen to be big jazz fans. It’s nothing to do with the government, although the Group will sometimes lobby Ministers on issues that pertain to jazz in the UK.

Mostly it’s fun and a chance for jazzers in the corridors to share their love of jazz. Pre-pandemic, the Group was well-known for the parties it held…

3 Likes

According to Wiki its treasurer is Ian Paisley! Really? :grin:

Is the Tobacco pimp Ken Clarke a member, I know he loves Jazz and I think has presented a radio show or two

1 Like

Now how about An All Party Parliamentary Reggae, Roots n Dub Appreciation Society!
:heart:

1 Like

Yep, Paisley Jr is treasurer. I think Baron Clarke of Nottingham is still a member. He likes Duke, Satch, Miles (pre-electric only), Art Pepper, Gerry Mulligan, Mingus, Coltrane… all the usual guys.

2 Likes

Become a peer or get elected as an MP and you can start one up!

1 Like

Have just booked tickets to see Lady Blackbird at the Barbican on Nov 18th as part of EFG London Jazz Festival

2 Likes

cool, this will be a nice one! :+1:

she also played in the Elbphilharmonie Hamburg on Elbjazz, but I preferred Youn Sun Nah

1 Like

New Greg Foat album on pre order, hires or double lp on Bandcamp. I like that artist.

3 Likes