Long lasting music

I wonder what people will make of his music in the future … ?

7 Likes

Maybe some alien race will discover dancing or air guitar. But Bach’s Goldberg Variations on that disc will convince them that we are genius species, not to be be attacked. :smiley:

3 Likes

Legend has it that the original plan was to go with an all-Bach disc, but it was thought to be too much like bragging.

1 Like

Alien turntables…now there’s a thought.

1 Like

I wonder if he made them pay for the music rights….he was very meticulous on being payed?

1 Like

The Goldbergs didn’t actually make the cut, but three other JSB pieces did:

I hope the civilisation that finds it doesn’t have audiophiles - they’ll refuse to listen to a disc recorded at 16.7 rpm and will doubtless turn up their noses at the stylus NASA supplied with the record.

Mark

2 Likes

According to the book which comes with Ozma’s beautiful Voyager Golden Record 3-LP box set, Sagan asked if he could put the Beatles on the record, but abdurdly, Apple/EMI wanted too much money…

2 Likes

Apparently, they got a message back from deepest space “Send more Chuck Berry”.
_chuckberry2a

3 Likes

At least Brian Cox was not selected … ok before his time but …

I don’t get that. You get paid for sales or airplay/streaming. Did EMI really think they were entitled to revenue if it were played by alien species somewhere across the universe?

And how would they know? :laughing:

Or worse - they’d play it at 33 1/3 and conclude that chipmunks were the dominant species on earth.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.