Long term dreaming

Bugger, that was meant to be 282/250, which I’m not planning. Just my dealer says the HiCap and XPS DR will max out the NDX2 and SN2 and would still be used with a 282/250 if I ever went there. I actually wouldn’t consider a seperate pre-amp until they are updated and included a headphone stage anyway.

1 Like

Expaning on that, and your OP. His advice is to max out the source, then trade out the SN2 to separates if that is where you are planning to get to. So, PS for NDX, then NDX2, as the SN2 will show the benefits of both, then swap out SN2 and send it to me for my second system.

1 Like

That’s too bad! While here in the States its not what it is in the UK, there is at least a decent supply of gently used.

You MIGHT consider importing from the UK or EU?? I’m not sure of the logistics, but at some risk you could have a forum friend help out locating something suitable at a well-known Naim dealer, ensuring its in good order and getting it shipped to you. That’s something I’d volunteer to do (but US prices are too much higher than UK prices, and conversion to 240v would be needed).

Pro’s and con’s…but maybe worthwhile?? If you can get it serviced in NZ, that’d be a plus. If there is no local service that’d maybe tip the scale away from this crazy idea :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.