Longer Lengths of NACA5 and SQ

As 110dB puh it short lengths make the amp a little stressed which can reflect in the sound. Too long and it become to controlled and “boring”. So there is a sweet spot range which many claims is starting at around 5-6m up to 10 (not sure about the upper range so correct me if wrong).

My NACA5 is only 3.5m. Perhaps that is the reason it didn’t sound too good. 3.5m is already quite a hassle to manage due to its stiffness. Longer lengths would require more work to keep everything neat and tidy.

Yes I think that it was a mistake by Naim to communicate 3.5 m as minimum length,they should recommend minimum 6 meters ,
because there is a confusion about safety and the best sound,I think.

1 Like

You get a greater sense of “ease” and better sense of flow. I felt that with 3.5m there was a subtle but unpleasant sense of edginess to the performance that disappeared with the longer lengths.

2 Likes

Have you considered trying to find some old NACA4 on Fleabay, or using Linn’s LK20, which I believe has the same formulation as NACA4?

I still use my old NACA4 on my Atom Dynaudio Audience 52SE office system. It’s left over from my old LP12/42.5/HC/140/Sara days. :slight_smile:

No I haven’t considered the NACA4. I don’t actually need a speaker cable at the moment but if there’s a requirement for a new(used) pair, it would likely be a modestly priced “giant killer”. Gone are the days when I used to splurge on boutique cables. When it’s time for the NACA5 to be replaced in the second system, I’ll start looking for that “giant killer”…

You have got an array of quite posh cables: Chord Signature TA interconnects, Signature XL and Naim NAC A5 speaker cables, Acrolink 8N-2090III Evo XLR, Acrolink 8N-PC8100 and 7N-PC9700, Wireworld Silver Elektra 7, Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 USB, Tellurium Ultra Silver USB.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.