Lounge?

Why?

1 Like

Possibly more PC in these sensitive times ?

1 Like

“Lounge”. How simply ghastly.

“Sitting Room” - if you really must.

5 Likes

Interesting. Mine is a “Living Room”

2 Likes

Oops. I feel ashamed.

5 Likes

I think padded cell is probably a bit past it’s best before date, so a change in name has been overdue. It’s Naim’s forum and “Lounge” seems fine to me.

15 Likes

Ours is a ‘lounge’…always has been…

The ‘renaim’ seems appropriate to me… :+1:

1 Like

I thought it was more an instruction than a name for the room.

I quite like it. ‘Time out’ would have been my suggestion, although that is perhaps a bit like ‘naughty step’.

Bruce

2 Likes

Richard Dane, ‘Lounge’ lacks the gravitas of ‘Drawing Room’. The latter would be more appropriate for a Naim forum, IMO.:sunglasses:.

6 Likes

Works as a trim level on Fiat cars so why not here.

I recall a request to change the name some time ago but it stayed, but with mental health issues rising since the pandemic and more awareness of such I think the new name is a sensible change and far more sensitive.

The old name suggested all posts were crazy/zany/anything goes when in reality we discuss a broad range of topics from utterly trivial to thought provoking.

7 Likes

seems to me, a little Bourgeoisie perhaps… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The only caveat is that some sites have a hidden ‘lounge’ area for valued/experienced/longstanding members not visible to all posters, but anything like that here (beta testing aside as it’s essentially opt in) would be divisive in my view.

1 Like

Very sorry chaps… I think I’m in the wrong room.
Can someone tell me where the padded cell is :smiley:

7 Likes

Front Room.

I see what you’re saying, but I do think we ought to petition @Richard.Dane to introduce, per @BruceW, above, a “Naughty Step” fifth forum room, which would feature those censored posts, and which would surely provide much mirth and entertainment for the privileged few entitled to access.

Or am I just being naughty? :innocent:

2 Likes

It would be great to have an area where we could discuss controversial or silly topics but the forum is a corporate one and we have to adhere to their rules and standards - there is already a lot of latitude and I suspect RD could do without another area to moderate!

1 Like

Excellent. As someone with a close relative who is still under section after 15 years, it always rankled.

Thanks Naim.

G

10 Likes

lounge ? At least it doesn’t have a “trigger warning” on it yet. The way things are going with the current trend it can’t be far off.

I assume the posting rules remain the same as before.