Lounge?

Dave, let us never forget that ultimately the forum has Naim’s name on it. I think Naim give quite a bit of freedom here but there will alway be a limit where the company’s values have to be respected. The forum is here for Naim fans, customers, et al., but it’s always Naim’s “house”.

8 Likes

Richard, I’m pleased to see the back of padded cell, with all its negative connotations. Lounge is a really crap name though - a lounge is a thing you find in a hotel or an airport. I’ve suggested the simple ‘off topic’ before and feel it’s much better. It’s what’s used on Pink Fish and it works really well. It’s Naim’s choice of course, but I still think it’s crap. Even ‘Other Stuff’ would be better. Or even ‘The Lounge’ if the horrid L word must stay.

3 Likes

:rofl:

Tell us what you really think sir!

4 Likes

The Shed.

3 Likes

Certainly, Richard, though my tongue was firmly lodged in my cheek whilst typing my previous post … … … you do provide a sterling service with a light touch in keeping things in check on here … … … I was just being naughty, and am presently doing “voice to text” whilst standing in the corner of my “lounge”, nose firmly pressed against the wall.

Can’t promise not to be naughty in future, though. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Common room?

The Garden?

The drawing room. upper class twit of the year smiley.

We already have a Grand Cafe.

Given some of the preposterous posts that prompted this change, The Cesspit might be more appropriate. I still say Off Topic. Anyway, we will be accustomed to it in a day or two.

Maybe off topic is patented

When Elon Musk needed to sell his shares, he asked his followers their opinion. Of course, he was going to anyway. There’s a reason he’s the richest man in the world and it’s not the product.

Over 20 years of tradition disappears in a flash. Rightly or wrongly it went. This category is where people post personal stuff and converse personally. It takes time and effort, which isn’t always acknowledged. Like the Naim forum, don’t take anything or anyone for granted.

A poll would have been a nice touch.

1 Like

‘The Public House’

‘Turnstile’

‘Room with no name’

‘Safe Space’ ……just joking.

What about, ‘The Sofa’ or ‘The Couch’??

What about, ‘Speakers Corner’, very neutral and already well known.

3 Likes

Lounge always makes me think of jazz which always makes me think of…

4 Likes

Surely the content is still here?

Has it affected the legacy forum site?

I’m too devastated to converse atm. I have feelings too.

Hopefully, then the number of ‘self-opinionated’ posts may reduce… :crossed_fingers: :weary:

1 Like

I agree that the former name has been looking out of place to my eyes for some time. I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did.

‘Lounge’ would not have been my first choice of replacement name - some might say it’s a bit lower-middle class for a brand like Naim - but, as Richard has pointed for the [large number]th time, this is Naim’s forum, not yours. If they’d wanted to call it ‘Try not to post anything too idiotic, intolerant, whiny or entitled’ (and I wouldn’t particularly blame them if they did), that would be their business.

Mark

2 Likes

2 Likes