LP12 shootout at Cymbiosis

I have my Melco also on the hifi powerblock ( Furutech). But is has no SMPS plug.

1 Like

I remember a thread when most 500 owners preferred the wall socket too.

1 Like

Julian Vereker had other thoughts…thats why they made the Hydra.

2 Likes

Does wall socket can also mean the one directly beneath the one where the block is plugged in

1 Like

Remember that - I still have a preliminary hydra from phonosophie

1 Like

Great ! I tried when I had a Nap500 and for musicality it’s best to have it on the Powerigel Plus.

1 Like

I also have a 6x powerigel plus.
The reason I am asking is, that I have not installed it permanently.
Powerigel is plugged in another wall socket - other side of room - feeding 500 and one 555ps.
When installing it on the system side of the room i do not want to make sound worse

The M6 block isn’t typical in its topology. The sockets nearest the IEC inlet have more noise filtering but there isn’t any disadvantage resistance or isolation wise from plugging something into the last socket. Unlike a G3 for example. The Krad2 out of the block and into its own dedicated radial was like a component upgrade.

Ultimately all of these blocks have a 13amp plug/fuse don’t they? When we consider the gauge of cable that we like to feed the sockets with (6mm min on a radial) there has to be a bottleneck at that point surely resistance wise if powering big systems. The trick is not creating poor integration of sound by feeding our systems from various mains sources. I feel that everything bar SMPS´s into an “island” up to the power amp(s) is the best compromise. My two radials and one ring for hifi also share the same earthing. I feel that is relevant.

1 Like

I prefer 500PS on the radial direct to unswitched socket rather than Musicworks block.

2 Likes

Ditto Dan

1 Like

Source/Preamp/Poweramp all should be connected to the Powerigel.
Not Linn Switched Power supplys …

1 Like

Translation please - what means radial direct? Sorry

I think it’s best to do whatever works best. Start with block and then experiment.

500DR sounds deeper and better bass direct into radial for me.

Trying different configuarations and seeing what it does is part of fun.

It depends what power you can get to your system. You may have just ring mains, separate radial, or dedicated hifi consumer unit.

1 Like

Ok - that would make things easier. Powerigel plus is not so bad afaik

3 Likes

I have not much opportunity to experiment as the sockets are directly behind rack no 3

2 Likes

Look it’s going to sound superb. If you want to make tweaks or when you do Fraim rebuild then that’s time to experiment with different plug in.

Are you loving your system?

3 Likes

Direct into unswitched radial wall socket. As opposed to into block then radial.

2 Likes

I found that my LPs improved greatly upon initial ultrasonic cleaning, but there is no way I’d cleam them each time I play them. Maybe that’s not what you meant, even :slight_smile:

It was a process . . . and I only have maybe 150 lps . . . but well worth it and oddly enjoyable. I bought a little bamboo rack to hold the freshly cleaned LPs while they finished drying.

2 Likes

Bart is correct “not every time but an initial clean is the way to go” and what a difference. It is a good excuse to start from A and listen to all 2000+. I have used other cleaners and they don’t clean as well as ultrasonic.

FF

3 Likes

The Degritter does it for me. Cleaned around 60 so far! Effortless machine and superb results.

3 Likes