Lucky NAIM novice seeks help

So I am making some progress (I think) I hooked the speakers up to a third amp, no change, tweeters still not working. I opened up both crossovers and both positive inputs are loose, other then that they look fantastic inside (im actually a little in awe at how nice it is in there as its been a while since ive worked on something that looks to be extremely well made). I hooked up the lower crossover output (the tweeter one) to another speaker and they are passing sound through that just not to either of MY tweeters. I would like to replace them but now the issue im running into is finding replacements for the part number on the current tweeters D2008/851100 which looks to be superseded by part number D2008/852100 but these look to have a 4 hole mounting pattern as opposed the the 3 hole in my current setup. Any ideas on where in Canada i could track down replacements?
Thanks again to everyone for their input it is really appreciated.

I can’t add anything that hasn’t already been posted, all I can add is welcome you lucky thing. :grin:

2 Likes

You might need to be quick on that tweeter replacement. I can’t link it here, but have a look on the falcon acoustics website. They are a UK speaker and component vendor. That Scanspeak driver is being discontinued and it seems like they have a few of the last run left.

See also this thread:

Which is about the D2010, but I think I read that both drivers were affected, and that seems likely given what I read on the falcon acoustics site

Thanks for that, I ordered a pair today. After some further investigation a it appears that the speaker wires that came with this setup were not original and seem smaller and shorter then what is recommended. Could I have damaged the 150 over the last 10 years? I am going to send everything in for service when I have the tweeters replaced so hopefully that would rectify any possible damage? Is there a hard and fast requirement for this setup?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.