Madonna,.in the Eurovision Song Contest

Pretty mediocre up to this point. Agree Denmark is the only one I like so far.

Oh my, I’ve just heard the UK’s entry :tired_face:

Can we vote for Madge?

Iceland - what the…Rammstein vs Marilyn Manson?

‘The Prodigy’ I thought.

G

1 Like

That too.

Quality is just a mute button away :grin:

Blimey. Two Eurovision threads on the Naim forum…

Standards.

Aren’t they leaving?

More complex than that - I’m Airplaying it to my Nova :sunglasses:

Indeed, double standards.

Thats the beauty of standards, theres so many to choose from.

Oh dear! Flat or what.

Yup. The voice has gone

:small_blue_diamond:Ooops…We have two Eurovision-threads,one here and a new one in the Padded Cell,…weird…Why…Anyway…

Sweden won the jury’s voting,.but not the people’s.
But it was close

/Peder🙂

I think you or North Macedonia should have won Peder, the winning song was just rather boring.

1 Like

Agreed the winning song was indeed boring and most people would of forgotten the tune next day. But alas it seems vast majority of Eurovision eficionados could rattle of the main tune to Waterloo in an instant but then Abba were rather special and different from the usual dross.

It surprised me that it had apparently already been a hit single for some weeks - it seems a little unfair to me that a ‘well known’ hit song should be allowed to compete, but in this day and age I think it’d be impossible to limit distribution of the track as there would likely be many unofficial copies on the internet. Perhaps the internet is part of the problem, as prior to this it was probably likely that only the country represented would have been familiar with the song, and they could not vote for their own entry. Now with all entries widely publicised for weeks if not months it seems to take away the spontaneity of the vote - to me on a first listen I think there were better songs in several genres, but who knows had I heard the winning entry many times it may have been a ‘grower’/earworm.

For me the two songs which were a little above the others were from Italy and Switzerland. I was surprised how little points Switzerland obtained, maybe its because a lot of Europeans already heard this song before the contest, so on the day its become ‘old’? The most exciting part of the whole show for me were not the songs but the points collection time, there was no clear leader and to nearly the end of show it was wide open to who can win it. Ah I live exciting and dangerous life, now to a game of scrabble…!

World Cup final is not a competition. Pop stars at Robbie’s level expect to win against little known Eurovision singers. If they don’t they would be humiliated. And Eurovision is generally a “voting for my neighbour” event. So even Robbie wouldnt have a chance