Magico S1 MKII with Naim amplifiers

Hi Bart,
Why not M3s, S3s, S5s or any other Magicos?

Best regards

Habs

Size. Our room is too small for anything bigger than the A3/M2’s.

I had Devore X’s in on loaner; they are about the size of S3MkII. They are fantastic, but too big for the room, both visually imposing and filling up the room with energy (bass).

The M2’s are expensive for their size, and just expensive generally. But there is a market for high-end speakers for smaller living spaces. My soon-to-arrive A3’s are the same size as the M2’s within a few inches I believe.

Thanks for your views. How big is your room?
Hans

About 13 feet by 19 feet, and we sit the short way.

For sure they should sport more generous bass.
I also demoed Magico Q3, if it was not for the price…

Regards
Roberto

Monoandstereo just put up a glowing review of the A3s.

Is that a real room? It looks so sterile. How anyone could relax and enjoy music in such an environment is a mystery. Surely music is an emotional thing and not an experiment in a hospital lab?

the return of the kind HH. I personally would dream of having such a dedicated room, only for music.
A muso in the living room…

What a swift and radical opinion, specially when based on partial information. You’re looking at a slice of the room :joy:

3 Likes

One can only go on the information one is provided with.

Surely you listen to music in a darkened room with your eyes closed, otherwise there’s a massive enjoyment-killing sensory contradiction between what you see…a pair of loudspeakers and some hi-fi kit and what you hear…a hall-filling symphony orchestra, a jazz club quintet or a guitar picking vocalist?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.