Magico Speakers with Naim

First, nice to see a Naim - Magico tread! :smile:

I have S1mk2, my room is an open plan kitchen- living room and more than 60m2. Works really well if you ask me, so don’t dismiss S1s even if you have a mid size room.

2 Likes

If you’re used to the S600 in terms of bass extension than the S3 MkII would be the natural choice.

The S1 MkII and S3 MkII share the same amazing tweeter. Which is a good reason to go for the S series.

If you can get the M-Project at a reasonable price, then go for it. I don’t know the exact specs of the M-Project, but it should be pretty close to a M6.

In terms of amplification the NAP500DR would be a minimum.

Found this offer on an Italian shop…

53% discount… looks interesting :thinking:

Interesting offer, but I wouldn’t go for it.
The S3MkII is so much better, that it would probably make more sense wait for a second hand S3MkII. There is a pair of them in mint state in Zurich, an audio shop (Google for Audio Vinyl).

Definitely. The only thing common to the Mk1 and Mk2 is the cabinets. The Mk2’s have the much newer design drivers.

I’d add that the only part of the cabinet that is in common is the extruded aluminium tube. The top plate and the base are different.

In fact, the MkII is simply a different speaker. And so is the retail price…

M Project is definetely a no go me, for their huge size in first instance and price.
It’s a bargain compared to original price of 160k euro but still nearly 60k now.
I agree the S3 mk2 is the sweet spot in the range

Regards
Riberto

1 Like

Hi,

As mentioned earlier I have S1mk2, I saw that these can be used with A-pods and I think also S-pods. Anyone how know how they compare.

@Thomas I see that you have S-pods, would you mind describing how they work. To me it looks as if they have a Spike with a longer treaded part and the “pod” are like an (I assume) advanced set of washer between the speaker base and a locking nut. Is this correct understood?

Hi Joppe,

Sorry for the delayed answer. I didn’t pay much attention to the forum during the last weeks. We had a wonderful weather so I spent a lot of time climbing… :person_climbing:
no lockdown in Switzerland :wink:

The S-PODs are extremely efficient damping devices using constrained layer damping (which is a well known, and used, damping technology).

The threaded rod doesn’t go all the way through the S-POD (that wouldn’t make sense).

The upper threaded rod locks the POD against the speaker enclosure. And the other little threaded rod, with the spike, is attached to the base of the POD.

The idea behind those PODs is to firmly anchor the speaker to the floor (spikes) while eliminating vibrations (PODs).

The result is… as advertised.

Unfortunately, this has a cost :neutral_face:

The Magico M9 is being announced. First official “teaser” shot:

3 Likes

Gorgeous!

Monstrous! I’m guessing close to 300 lbs. each?!?!?

Is a mummified Davros hidden in there?!

5 Likes

1000lbs each . Wouldn’t want to be adjusting the toe in !

My thoughts exactly! Maybe link this to the “Dr. Who” thread lol

Not for my wallet

Some specs, and a pic next to M6!

Impressive!

Couple those beauties with a Naim Statement or a pair of Soulution 701 monoblocks and you have the best music reproduction machine available, IMO.

Unfortunately, at the time I bought my S3 MkII, I couldn’t stretch to the M2.

The M series are really amazing speakers! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi Bart,
I think I’ll wait for the M9’s bigger brother to come out…

4 Likes

I don’t get out of bed for speakers that cost less than 1M

2 Likes