Management speak

One i get when i point out something can’t be done…Thats not a can do attitude!

1 Like

Not really management speak but Sir Humphrey nails it here!

7 Likes

Aye, nae bother. :scotland: :+1:

One of the things I liked about the Armed Forces was their ability to call a spade rather than a bi-manual earth removal implement. It was a few years before I heard the phrase ‘vector those assets to deliver a kinetic solution’ and realised it was time for me to ‘pivot into an alternative employment scenario’.

Mark

(in case it’s not obvious, it means ‘go and kill some bad guys’)

2 Likes

It’s better than “run it up the flagpole and see who salutes it” though!

1 Like

……having said that, I suspect you would find rich pickings if you dived into this lot……

1 Like

great thread, pls keep me in the loop.

6 Likes

Yup, I got it slightly wrong in attributing the source of the original statement to the CalMac spokesperson, when all he / she is guilty of, is simply repeating the vaucuous pronouncements of others.

Sheeps, anyone?

2 Likes

The CalMac I/V I saw (I think the CEO of whatever body) was a masterclass in obfuscation, to the point where he probably wasn’t going to answer to his own name.

Responsible, moi?

2 Likes

Not sure that I like the optics of this thread - feels like we are on a burning platform

4 Likes

Buzzword bingo is easier in it’s vanilla form.

4 Likes

I’m enjoying all the blue sky thinking on this thread.

8 Likes

Uncontrolled descent into terrain → lost control and crashed.

Controlled descent into terrain → flew it into the ground.

5 Likes

out-of-the-box

3 Likes

If it moves, salute it; if it doesn’t, paint it.

3 Likes

Thermal event - It caught fire!
None compliance - it failed!

Optimised for - we’ve screwed up the way it works with anything else!

3 Likes

Taking a bite of the reality sandwich is one of my favourites. Yum.

3 Likes

Well, my new topic has only been up since mid-morning, and I’m so pleased that so many of you felt able to be so proactive, and had the bandwidth to bring to the table your thoughts on the subject matter, and that we all seem to be on the same page.

8 Likes

“Let’s take it offline” is the one that does my head in.
I usually respond with, “I think it’s important enough to take the time to discuss it now”
Also, there’s the expectation these days that you are basically available and accessible around the clock so it’s an oxymoron to suggest offline even actually exists.
“I don‘t want to derail the meeting” comes a close second. The response to that being, ok, so go back on mute in that case.

1 Like

Walk the walk and talk the talk

Sexy corporate finance deals

Touch base

1 Like